Re: [Clip] running a clip on an external text file...

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2004
      That's strange. That feature works on the disk files. It does not open the files in Notetab.
      --

      On a big file, it can be faster to not use the replace but instead to use the find command and use a loop. Find each item then handle the change for that one item, then go on (via repetitive loop) find next.

      :repeat
      find whatever
      iferror end
      replace getselection >> \t\1\t\2 IS
      goto repeat
      ; ----------------------

      Oh, I just now see you are use of a tagged match. Hmm, if you use find and a loop, you'll have to deal with that.

      And/or try Perl maybe if you want to do so.

      The search disk or disk file feature should not caused you memory problem unless I'm mistaken.

      Alan.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 12, 2004
        Hi Rowel,

        NoteTab's current Regular Expression engine does not do well with
        long or complex RegExp. Also, using the /n new line expression
        often ends with a Out of Memory. Use a perl engine as suggested,
        shorten your expression into pieces doing a few passes, or use
        NoteTab's Clip code instead to work around the problem.