Re: [Clip] Finding text

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2004
      Larry,

      Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.

      Lee

    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2004
        At 12:12 AM 6/9/04 -0400, you wrote:
        >Larry,
        >
        >Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.
        >
        >Lee

        Hi Lee,

        You are very welcome. I do have one more slight improvement to offer with
        the clip below. This clip works the same as the one I posted before except
        that it uses the shift key and the ctrl key to control the search operation
        and the message is placed in the status bar at the bottom of the NoteTab
        window.

        When you run the program, it starts searching the same as the other one but
        you get a message in the status bar that tells you what to do so that you
        can see the highlighted words in the open document without having to drag a
        message box out of your way.

        You press the shift key to search for the next occurrence of the current
        word. You press the Ctrl key to switch your search to the next word in the
        list.

        Finally, if you want to quit before all of the list is done, you press and
        hold the Alt key and then press the Ctrl key and the clip will quit.

        Here is the clip:

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Find Many Words"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;06/06/2004, 06:26:16 AM
        ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
        ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

        :FindWord
        ^!Jump 1
        :Loop-FindWord
        ;^!SetDebug 1
        ;
        ^!SetHintInfo Press Shift for next occurrence; Press Ctrl for next word;
        Press Ctrl+Alt to stop clip.
        ;
        ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
        ^!IfError NextWord
        ^!Delay 5
        :Loop-Keypress
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Loop-FindWord
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ NextWord
        ^!Goto Loop-Keypress

        :NextWord
        ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
        ^!Inc %IDX%
        ^!Goto FindWord
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        Be sure to joine the long line that begins with ^!SetHintInfo and ends with
        "Ctrl+Alt to stop clip." This all needs to be on one long line or the clip
        will fail to run properly.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Lee Underwood
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2004
          Larry,

          Once again, Thanks! This one works very good. I especially appreciate the
          option to quit. Thanks again!

          Lee