Re: [Clip] Finding text

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
      Hi Lee,

      This is an improved version of my clip that allows you to search for many
      words, not just one or two. You can modify this clip to your word list by
      creating a list of the words you want to search for as below:

      would
      is
      this
      that
      and
      the
      but

      Then go to the search and replace feature and replace ^p with a semi-colon
      (;) so that you have this:

      would;is;this;that;and;the;but

      Now you place this information at the end of the array line so that it reads:

      ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but

      And save the clip and you are ready to do your multiword search. I hope
      that this works for you.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Find Many Words"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;06/06/2004, 12:17:04 AM
      ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
      ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

      :FindWord
      ^!Jump 1
      :Loop-FindWord
      ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
      ^!IfError Skip
      ^!Skip Search for next occurrence of "^%word^%IDX%%"?
      ^!Goto NextWord
      ^!Goto Loop-FindWord

      :NextWord
      ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
      ^!Inc %IDX%
      ^!Goto FindWord
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      The line, ^!Jump 1 causes the search to start for each word from the very
      top/start of the document you are searching.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2004
        Larry,

        Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.

        Lee

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2004
          At 12:12 AM 6/9/04 -0400, you wrote:
          >Larry,
          >
          >Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.
          >
          >Lee

          Hi Lee,

          You are very welcome. I do have one more slight improvement to offer with
          the clip below. This clip works the same as the one I posted before except
          that it uses the shift key and the ctrl key to control the search operation
          and the message is placed in the status bar at the bottom of the NoteTab
          window.

          When you run the program, it starts searching the same as the other one but
          you get a message in the status bar that tells you what to do so that you
          can see the highlighted words in the open document without having to drag a
          message box out of your way.

          You press the shift key to search for the next occurrence of the current
          word. You press the Ctrl key to switch your search to the next word in the
          list.

          Finally, if you want to quit before all of the list is done, you press and
          hold the Alt key and then press the Ctrl key and the clip will quit.

          Here is the clip:

          ______[Copy below this line]_______
          H="Find Many Words"
          ;lrt@... e¿ê
          ;06/06/2004, 06:26:16 AM
          ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
          ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

          :FindWord
          ^!Jump 1
          :Loop-FindWord
          ;^!SetDebug 1
          ;
          ^!SetHintInfo Press Shift for next occurrence; Press Ctrl for next word;
          Press Ctrl+Alt to stop clip.
          ;
          ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
          ^!IfError NextWord
          ^!Delay 5
          :Loop-Keypress
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Loop-FindWord
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ NextWord
          ^!Goto Loop-Keypress

          :NextWord
          ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
          ^!Inc %IDX%
          ^!Goto FindWord
          _____[Copy above this line]______
          | right click over the clipbook |
          | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

          Be sure to joine the long line that begins with ^!SetHintInfo and ends with
          "Ctrl+Alt to stop clip." This all needs to be on one long line or the clip
          will fail to run properly.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 9, 2004
            Larry,

            Once again, Thanks! This one works very good. I especially appreciate the
            option to quit. Thanks again!

            Lee