Re: [Clip] Finding text

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5 9:49 PM
      Hi Lee,

      I am just sending this copy of my clip to demonstrate how you can use
      labels to make things easier to follow. I changed the labels to names to
      try to show what they do.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Find two words"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;06/05/2004, 10:45:48 PM
      ^!Set %cursor%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$

      :would
      ^!Find "would" CS
      ^!IfError Skip
      ^!Skip Search for next occurrence of "would"?
      ^!Goto reset-cursor
      ^!Goto would

      :reset-cursor
      ^!SetCursor ^%cursor%

      :is
      ^!Find "is" CS
      ^!IfError Skip
      ^!Skip Search for next occurrence of "is"?
      ^!Goto Exit
      ^!Goto is
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5 10:29 PM
        Hi Lee,

        This is an improved version of my clip that allows you to search for many
        words, not just one or two. You can modify this clip to your word list by
        creating a list of the words you want to search for as below:

        would
        is
        this
        that
        and
        the
        but

        Then go to the search and replace feature and replace ^p with a semi-colon
        (;) so that you have this:

        would;is;this;that;and;the;but

        Now you place this information at the end of the array line so that it reads:

        ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but

        And save the clip and you are ready to do your multiword search. I hope
        that this works for you.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Find Many Words"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;06/06/2004, 12:17:04 AM
        ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
        ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

        :FindWord
        ^!Jump 1
        :Loop-FindWord
        ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
        ^!IfError Skip
        ^!Skip Search for next occurrence of "^%word^%IDX%%"?
        ^!Goto NextWord
        ^!Goto Loop-FindWord

        :NextWord
        ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
        ^!Inc %IDX%
        ^!Goto FindWord
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        The line, ^!Jump 1 causes the search to start for each word from the very
        top/start of the document you are searching.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Lee Underwood
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8 9:12 PM
          Larry,

          Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.

          Lee

        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8 9:55 PM
            At 12:12 AM 6/9/04 -0400, you wrote:
            >Larry,
            >
            >Thanks! This is great! I appreciate your work.
            >
            >Lee

            Hi Lee,

            You are very welcome. I do have one more slight improvement to offer with
            the clip below. This clip works the same as the one I posted before except
            that it uses the shift key and the ctrl key to control the search operation
            and the message is placed in the status bar at the bottom of the NoteTab
            window.

            When you run the program, it starts searching the same as the other one but
            you get a message in the status bar that tells you what to do so that you
            can see the highlighted words in the open document without having to drag a
            message box out of your way.

            You press the shift key to search for the next occurrence of the current
            word. You press the Ctrl key to switch your search to the next word in the
            list.

            Finally, if you want to quit before all of the list is done, you press and
            hold the Alt key and then press the Ctrl key and the clip will quit.

            Here is the clip:

            ______[Copy below this line]_______
            H="Find Many Words"
            ;lrt@... e¿ê
            ;06/06/2004, 06:26:16 AM
            ^!SetArray %Word%=would;is;this;that;and;the;but
            ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

            :FindWord
            ^!Jump 1
            :Loop-FindWord
            ;^!SetDebug 1
            ;
            ^!SetHintInfo Press Shift for next occurrence; Press Ctrl for next word;
            Press Ctrl+Alt to stop clip.
            ;
            ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
            ^!IfError NextWord
            ^!Delay 5
            :Loop-Keypress
            ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Loop-FindWord
            ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ NextWord
            ^!Goto Loop-Keypress

            :NextWord
            ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
            ^!Inc %IDX%
            ^!Goto FindWord
            _____[Copy above this line]______
            | right click over the clipbook |
            | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

            Be sure to joine the long line that begins with ^!SetHintInfo and ends with
            "Ctrl+Alt to stop clip." This all needs to be on one long line or the clip
            will fail to run properly.

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • Lee Underwood
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 9 5:25 AM
              Larry,

              Once again, Thanks! This one works very good. I especially appreciate the
              option to quit. Thanks again!

              Lee