[Clip] Re: Date Math

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, melchior prisi <mprisi@s...> wrote:
      > ----- on 05.06.2004 19:40 John Zeman wrote:
      > (...)
      > > ; run timemath and send date parms to it
      > > ; timemath output will be sent to a temp
      > > ; file named: c:\timemath.txt
      > > ^!DOS "C:\bin\TimeMath.exe" week-1 >c:\timemath.txt
      > (...)
      >
      > I guess, you could just:
      >
      > ^!set %results%=^$getdosoutput("C:\bin\TimeMath.exe" week-1")$
      >
      > .. so you wouldn't need a temp file.
      >
      > ---
      >
      > Another interesting command line tool
      > for time calculations is Fdate91c
      >
      > Freeware from
      > <http://www.simtel.net/product.php%5Bid%5D40615%5Bsekid%5D0%
      5BSiteID%5Dsimtel.net%5BSiteID%5Dsimtel.net>

      > Regards,
      > Melchior

      True enough melchior.

      I have to admit that I run all my command line utilities from actual
      command line scripts. I'd forgotten about ^$getdosoutput$ and how
      NoteTab can import command line results.

      By the way, when I went to the link you posted it returned a page not
      found error.

      John
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2004
        > By the way, when I went to the link you posted it returned a page
        not
        > found error.
        >
        > John

        Never mind, it works now.

        http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/40615.html

        John
      • melchior prisi
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2004
          Hi John
          ----- on 06.06.2004 01:23 John Zeman wrote:
          > By the way, when I went to the link you posted it returned a page not
          > found error.

          Here is another Link that should work:
          http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/msdos.util.batch.html

          fdate91c.zip is about in the middle down the page..

          Regards,
          Melchior

          --
          http://loc.alphazwirbel.net
          http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2004
            I downloaded TimeMath but it only had the Timemath.exe and no help file.
            Does anyone have the help file?
            Thanks,
            Roy

            > > By the way, when I went to the link you posted it returned a page not
            > > found error.
            >
            > Here is another Link that should work:
            > http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/msdos.util.batch.html
            >
            > fdate91c.zip is about in the middle down the page..
            >

            > Regards,
            > Melchior
            >

            > --
            > http://loc.alphazwirbel.net
            > http://orp.alphazwirbel.net

          • John Zeman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2004
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Herring" <roynancy@e...> wrote:
              > I downloaded TimeMath but it only had the Timemath.exe and no help
              file.
              > Does anyone have the help file?
              > Thanks,
              > Roy

              Like many command line programs, the help is built into the program.
              You can get it by going to a command prompt (a DOS prompt) in the
              directory the timemath program is stored in, and typing one of the
              following:

              To just see the help type:
              Timemath /?

              To output the help to a text file:
              Timemath /? > timemath.txt

              Then press ENTER after either of the above lines.