open home folder in explorer replacement?

  • tiptoebasoon
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2004
      I have a toolbar button to open the home folder for the current NTP
      file, which I find convenient:

      ^!explorer.exe ^$GetPath(^**)$

      I'd like to know if I can alter the clip to open the file's home
      folder in a double paned explorer replacement. This is the program
      path:

      "D:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.0\salamand.exe" -L

      There is a L and R parameter I've added to the context menu to target
      the pane.

      Michael
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2004
        Hi Michael,

        I assume you can. Maybe this helps...

        I have 2xExplorer and it works with...
        ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\2xExplorer\2xExplorer.exe" "^$GetPath(^**)$"

        Lookup the spec for the commandline and try it with the Run command.
        Then mimic that after ^!Shell...

        Apparently there is an issue with foldernames containing spaces, just
        stumbled on that... May have to do with 2xExplorer.

        Regards,

        Hugo

        > I have a toolbar button to open the home folder for the current NTP
        > file, which I find convenient:
        >
        > ^!explorer.exe ^$GetPath(^**)$
        >
        > I'd like to know if I can alter the clip to open the file's home
        > folder in a double paned explorer replacement. This is the program
        > path:
      • tiptoebasoon
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2004
          Thanks Hugo and Larry!

          I didn't know about the shell command. I learned some basics of the
          NTP clip language a few years ago, but it seemed to be evolving, so I
          decided I'd wait until NTP v.5 or so to try to learn any complexities.

          I happened to have 2xExplorer installed from when I was comparing
          dual paned explorers, so I first tried that and found it opened the
          file's home folder, but only about 80% of the time; the rest of the
          time it defaulted to desktop. I couldn't tell what made it not work --
          not length, or nesting level, or spaces in the path...

          To get the command to work with Salamander, I discovered I had to
          add -L (or -R) or Salamander interpreted the clip code as an invalid
          parameter. It seems to work 100% of the time. It's my favorite new
          button.

          ^!Shell "D:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.0\salamand.exe" -L
          ^$GetPath(^**)$

          I also installed AppPaths, and haven't been able to make much sense
          of it yet. But I did find I needed to use the entire path and double
          quotes.

          Michael