RE: [Clip] Alternative to ^!Delay

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14 5:37 AM
      At 04:44 PM 5/11/04 -0500, Larry Thomas wrote:

      >Hi Hugo,
      >
      >^$StrFormat("Str";LeftMargin;TextWidth;Justify)$
      >Returns the "Str" string in specified format. LeftMargin determines the
      >number of blank spaces to insert between the left margin and the text;
      >TextWidth defines the maximum width of the text in each line; Justify is
      >either True or False and determines if the text is left and right
      >justified. Prior to version 4.8, this command was only available in the
      >commercial and trial versions of NoteTab.
      >
      >Which effectively does the same job in a clip.

      I see that I made a mistake here. The ^$StrFunction$ codes work the same
      as the built in NoteTab Pro features (StrFormat, StrSort, etc) UNLESS there
      is clipcode included in the text being formatted, sorted, etc. Then you
      must use the feature rather than the clip code. Example:

      If you have the cursor positioning code (^&) anywhere in the text being
      processed, the normal feature will handle it just fine but the
      ^$StrFunction$ requires that the text be preselected before running and
      every ^& in the selection will be replaced by the selection in the output
      which will cause the function to fail.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê