RE: [Clip] Alternative to ^!Delay

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2004

      > Which the point is that sometimes there is no other way than to use the
      > ^!Keyboard command.

      Larry,

      I've noticed this before, some of the "additional dialog-windows" (reformat
      lines being one of them, and there are others ...) just do not accept any
      input, unless you've opened the window itself by means of ^!Keyboard...

      If you're careful with the timing you can write nice "macro's" using
      ^!Keyboard.

      Hugo
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2004
        Hi Hugo,

        At 10:55 PM 5/11/04 +0200, you wrote:

        >Larry,
        >
        >I've noticed this before, some of the "additional dialog-windows" (reformat
        >lines being one of them, and there are others ...) just do not accept any
        >input, unless you've opened the window itself by means of ^!Keyboard...
        >
        >If you're careful with the timing you can write nice "macro's" using
        >^!Keyboard.

        True enough. You can also be fooled into using ^!Keyboard when you don't
        have to. NoteTab has so very many commands and functions you can end up
        thinking that you need a dialog box when there is a command or function
        that will do the same thing. Example, Modify/Lines/Reformat Lines would
        certainly appear to be one dialog that requires the ^!Keyboard command but
        no - Eric has provided the command below:

        ^$StrFormat("Str";LeftMargin;TextWidth;Justify)$
        Returns the "Str" string in specified format. LeftMargin determines the
        number of blank spaces to insert between the left margin and the text;
        TextWidth defines the maximum width of the text in each line; Justify is
        either True or False and determines if the text is left and right
        justified. Prior to version 4.8, this command was only available in the
        commercial and trial versions of NoteTab.

        Which effectively does the same job in a clip.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2004
          At 04:44 PM 5/11/04 -0500, Larry Thomas wrote:

          >Hi Hugo,
          >
          >^$StrFormat("Str";LeftMargin;TextWidth;Justify)$
          >Returns the "Str" string in specified format. LeftMargin determines the
          >number of blank spaces to insert between the left margin and the text;
          >TextWidth defines the maximum width of the text in each line; Justify is
          >either True or False and determines if the text is left and right
          >justified. Prior to version 4.8, this command was only available in the
          >commercial and trial versions of NoteTab.
          >
          >Which effectively does the same job in a clip.

          I see that I made a mistake here. The ^$StrFunction$ codes work the same
          as the built in NoteTab Pro features (StrFormat, StrSort, etc) UNLESS there
          is clipcode included in the text being formatted, sorted, etc. Then you
          must use the feature rather than the clip code. Example:

          If you have the cursor positioning code (^&) anywhere in the text being
          processed, the normal feature will handle it just fine but the
          ^$StrFunction$ requires that the text be preselected before running and
          every ^& in the selection will be replaced by the selection in the output
          which will cause the function to fail.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê