Re: [Clip] Alternative to ^!Delay

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004
      Hi KRW,

      >I was wondering what the alternatives Note Tab provides to the
      >^!Delay command. I am getting mixed results with the ^!Delay
      >option because of the varying speed the clip runs.

      If you are using the ^!Keyboard command within NoteTab, you want
      to switch to the ^!Menu command instead. That should help a lot.

      I use the method that Larry mentioned very often in my Clips.
      There's basically two ways of using the GetApp function:
      ^$GetAppTitle$ and ^$GetAppTitle(...)$ I think you will find in
      some windows you will need to use the ^$StrCopy functions in the
      ^$GetAppTitle(...)$ syntax/function.

      I find it best to use a delay of some amount (usually not as much
      as I have like in this one when the browser is involved on the
      Internet). The delay is done using the regular ^!Delay command,
      but if you notice in my Example below I am looping the Clip with
      the Skip_-1 command in the IfSame line where the comparison is
      done at. So, in this case it loops until the first 7 letters (see
      StrCopyLeft) are the same as "Sign in"

      You can edit the Clip to work for you by changing the ^!url to
      where you want it and the username/password. This is for
      yahoogroups so the login box might not work at some other site.
      You just need to figure out the keyboard strokes to get to what
      you want and use them in the ^!Keyboard line.

      Edit Member-eMail Address
      ^!Set %Count%=50
      ^!Url http://groups.yahoo.com/members/^$StrLower("^?{(H=15)==_NoteTab|ntb-Clips}")$?query=^?{Member's eMail address=^$GetClipboard$}
      ^!Delay ^%Count%
      ^!IfSame "Sign in" "^$StrCopyLeft("^$GetAppTitle$";7)$" Next else Skip_-1
      ^!Keyboard #YourPW# tab #YourUsname# tab tab enter
      ^!Goto Exit

      ----

      The ^!FocusApp command is also used at times. Here's one I worked
      on this morning as far as the GetAppTitle goes. There is more to
      the Clip like an array and checkbox wizard, but I don't want to
      confuse you with it. FocusApp also looks at the Titlebar. If the
      app is open, then NoteTab will switch the focus over to it.
      (Note: it does not have to be a program, any box/window that has
      a Titlebar normally works. Here I am waiting till I get connected
      before launching a program that is in my launch list array. :) I
      think - haha - haven't tried it yet. (You'll also run into using
      ^!Shell "Program\path\program.exe and ^!IfAppOpen)

      ^!Shell "^%ProgramList^%Index%%"
      ^!FocusApp "Connecting Sojourner1..."
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!IfDiff "Connecting Sojourner1..." "^$GetAppTitle" Next else AsA
      ^!Delay 30
      ^!Goto Loop

      :AsA
      ^!Delay 30