Re: [Clip] clip does not work

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Thanks John,
      I will try that.
      Ed
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: John Mitchell
      To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Ed Brown
      Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 11:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [Clip] clip does not work

      Ed

      You need to join the last two lines into a single line to make the clip
      work. %docfilename% is an internal Notetab variable used to store the
      filename retrieved using the Notetab built-in function ^$GetDocName$.

      Regards, John Mitchell

      --On Tuesday, 4 May 2004 11:12 PM -0500 Ed Brown
      <ebrown27@...> wrote:

      Hi every Clip writer,
      The following clip is from the Intoduction to clip writing or
      clipbasics.

      Get Current Document's File Name
      ;Get name fo the current docu;ment and
      ;save it in the Variable called %docfilename%
      ^!Set %docfilename%=^$GetDocName$
      ;Print a Prompt to the screen telling
      ;the Name of the Current Document
      ^!prompt Curent Document's File Name is:
      ^%docfilename%

      Rhree things here I am not sure about. 1. Where I made a mistake.
      2. The instructions save a page in the Variable called %docfilename%.
      Where is the Variable called %docfilename% ? Second it does not give me
      the documents name as written "NoName01.txt." It does give me FROM the
      C prompt the complete path to the document. \
      3. The instructions say the last line ^%docfilename% should be blue,
      but it is black while the preceeding line is blue but no color is given
      for the preceeding line. In any case this clip does not perform as it
      should. HELP
      Ed

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor