Rename files

  • KRW
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004
      I am trying to come up with a clip that would rename multiple files.
      The following is what i have so far, but is there a less tedious way of
      writing the clip? Maybe a repeat command or such?

      ^!set jobNum=^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=]
      ^!set pathName=\\Maxserver\JOBS\^%jobNUM%\FABRICATION\SHOP\
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-1.DWG" "^%pathName%SK1-G-1.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-2.DWG" "^%pathName%SK2-G-2.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-3.DWG" "^%pathName%SK3-G-3.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-4.DWG" "^%pathName%SK4-G-4.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-5.DWG" "^%pathName%SK5-G-5.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-6.DWG" "^%pathName%SK6-G-6.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-7.DWG" "^%pathName%SK7-G-7.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-8.DWG" "^%pathName%SK8-G-8.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-9.DWG" "^%pathName%SK9-G-9.DWG"
      ^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-10.DWG" "^%pathName%SK10-G-10.DWG"

      Thanks,
      Kevin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2004
        Hi KRW,

        >I am trying to come up with a clip that would rename multiple files.
        >The following is what i have so far, but is there a less tedious way of
        >writing the clip? Maybe a repeat command or such?
        >
        >^!set jobNum=^?[Enter 5 Digit Job Number=]
        >^!set pathName=\\Maxserver\JOBS\^%jobNUM%\FABRICATION\SHOP\
        >^!RenameFile "^%pathName%G-1.DWG" "^%pathName%SK1-G-1.DWG"

        I oftentimes get the path/filenames and then use multiple replaces to
        add the Clip Code around. You might find the following useful.

        DirDtuff
        The following Clip gets all the paths in a usable
        format to a directory of choice with option to get the
        sub-directory paths also. Options to do file types
        of choice (default is all *.*, wildcards OK;),
        search by certain or all file attributes, sort order
        and reverse order, output choice of new document or
        info box. The Clip is about 4/5ths the way down in
        the Library, DirStuff. Personally, I think the Library
        is a must have for dealing with files and directories,
        but that IMO. I do use it often myself FWIW.

        File List 4.83... (Last updated on 02-25-2001)

        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.zip
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip
        (Library last updated: 05-02-2004)
        Fixed ReOpen Alphabetically II (Glitch in StrSort line)

        Not up for discussion on this list. ;)
        mailto:ntb-offtopic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        It adds a Windows Explorer (right click)
        content menu to get disk file path(s).
        Gets choice of short/long path and choice
        of space or (cr/lf) delimiters.
        http://www.mainsoft.fr/freeware_en.htm
        Scroll down to and click on "Freeware":
        Welcome gifts!
        Please visit our Freeware and Source Code pages.
        Download: ClipName 1.2.3 (clipname.zip - 29k)

      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2004
          it is probably off topic, but I use a renaming utility that works very well
          for some projects notetab isn't the way to go