Re: [Clip] Convert "Daniel Prince" into "Prince, Daniel"

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2004
      On Sat, 1 May 2004 06:22:11 -0400, you wrote:

      >try this one-liner:
      >
      >^!replace "{Daniel}\s{Prince}" >> "\2,\1" rwsa

      I guess I did not make myself clear. What I really want is a clip that
      will do the conversion to any name. I frequently see names of authors
      recommended in newsgroups in the (first name last name) format but my
      library's web page needs names (last name comma first name). I want to
      be able to just select a name and have the clip convert it.
      --
      Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
      grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Daniel,

        I'll give it a try. :) Select the names. If there is more than
        one space between them it will remove the extras. Take out the
        "+" sign if you don't want that.

        ^!Replace "{.*},\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH

        Here's a freebie. :)
        ^$StrCapitalize("^$GetSelection$")$

        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2004
          Hi Daniel,

          Take out the comma on the find side. <g>

          >I'll give it a try. :) Select the names. If there is more than
          >one space between them it will remove the extras. Take out the
          >"+" sign if you don't want that.
          >
          >^!Replace "{.*},\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH
          >
          >Here's a freebie. :)
          >^$StrCapitalize("^$GetSelection$")$

          Take care,
          Jody Adair

          and even thou doest err some!
          http://clean-funnies.com
          http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 19 , May 1, 2004
            > I guess I did not make myself clear. What I really want is a clip that
            > will do the conversion to any name. I frequently see names of authors
            > recommended in newsgroups in the (first name last name) format but my
            > library's web page needs names (last name comma first name). I want to
            > be able to just select a name and have the clip convert it.

            Try this as a one line clip: ^!Replace "{[a-zA-Z]+}\s{[a-zA-Z]+}" >> "\2,
            \1" RHI
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 19 , May 1, 2004
              ^!Replace "{.*},\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH

              Here's a freebie.
              ^$StrCapitalize("^$GetSelection$")$

              Nice, but it leaves in the comma...

              Jeff
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 19 , May 1, 2004
                I am convertinmg a LOT of pages to a space saving format (preformatting
                and doing virtual includes) is there a quickie clip that selects
                everything before the (and including) the </head> code, so I can drop
                in a global replacement?n I am using the Control D (Directory replace)
                replacement function in NT Standard.

                (I also want to have it seek and delete all included between "<form...>
                >> </FORM> to remove 5000 freefind search blocks, since I an
                including that as a vertual HTML include.

                --
                ``

                Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

                Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
                If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
                and tell us what REALLY happened.
                ~~~~
                Message 7 of 19 , May 1, 2004
                  Hi Jeff,

                  That's why I posted again saying to take out the comma. I was playing
                  with it before I sent it watching it switch back and forth with the comma. <g>

                  >^!Replace "{.*}\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH
                  >
                  >Here's a freebie.
                  >^$StrCapitalize("^$GetSelection$")$
                  >
                  >Nice, but it leaves in the comma...

                  See ya in the funnies!

                  http://www.clean-funnies.com

                  you missed a good joke! 8D

                  The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                  http://www.notetab.net

                • Daniel Prince
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 8, 2004
                    On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:26:12 -0500, Jody Adair wrote:

                    >Hi Daniel,
                    >
                    >Take out the comma on the find side. <g>
                    >
                    >>I'll give it a try. :) Select the names. If there is more than
                    >>one space between them it will remove the extras. Take out the
                    >>"+" sign if you don't want that.
                    >>
                    >>^!Replace "{.*},\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH
                    >>
                    >>Here's a freebie. :)
                    >>^$StrCapitalize("^$GetSelection$")$
                    >

                    >Take care,
                    >Jody Adair

                    I forgot about this for a while because of health problems. I just
                    now tried to use it and I can't get it to work.

                    How do I add this clip to my utilities library and how do I use it?
                    Thank you for your help.
                    in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
                    it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
                  • Don - htmlfixit.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 8, 2004
                      > I forgot about this for a while because of health problems. I just
                      > now tried to use it and I can't get it to work.
                      >
                      > How do I add this clip to my utilities library and how do I use it?
                      > Thank you for your help.

                      How to use a clip is something they assumed we all intuitively knew I guess.
                      You copy the clip to your windows clipboard (I highlight it, then hold
                      down control while hitting c -- as in copy).
                      Then with the utilities library open, right click where the clips are
                      shown and choose "add from clipboard". Your clip is then in the
                      utilities library. To use it in this case it appears you then need to
                      select a name in an open document, and then double click on the clip in
                      the library pane. That should reverse the names and put the comma
                      between them.

                      Note: if you put clips in the standard notetab libraries, they may be
                      over-written in future updates, so it is always advisable to keep a
                      back-up copy in your own library which can be created by right clicking
                      in the library drop down text box and right clicking, choose add library
                      and you are off to the races. Repeat the above steps to copy it in there.

                      This clip doesn't have long lines, but when copying you sometimes need
                      to rejoin long lines.
                    • Daniel Prince
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 8, 2004
                        On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:24:54 -0500, you wrote:

                        >> I forgot about this for a while because of health problems. I just
                        >> now tried to use it and I can't get it to work.
                        >>
                        >> How do I add this clip to my utilities library and how do I use it?
                        >> Thank you for your help.
                        >
                        >How to use a clip is something they assumed we all intuitively knew I guess.
                        >You copy the clip to your windows clipboard (I highlight it, then hold
                        >down control while hitting c -- as in copy).
                        >Then with the utilities library open, right click where the clips are
                        >shown and choose "add from clipboard". Your clip is then in the
                        >utilities library. To use it in this case it appears you then need to
                        >select a name in an open document, and then double click on the clip in
                        >the library pane. That should reverse the names and put the comma
                        >between them.

                        That is what I have been doing but all I get is an error message
                        saying:

                        "{.*},\s+{.*}" not found within selected text.

                        I just discovered that the one I had managed to get into the library
                        was the one with the comma. Once I took out the comma it worked but
                        I get strange results if I select a few spaces beyond the name. For
                        example:

                        "China Miéville "

                        becomes:

                        " , China Miéville"

                        Is there any way to avoid this?

                        It looks as if this command I found in the help file should be able
                        to do it but I have not yet figured out how. Here is the command:

                        ^$StrTrim("Str")$
                        Removes blank spaces from the start and end of the specified value.
                        Example:
                        ^$StrTrim(" some text ")$ returns "some text"

                        Can I use this to avoid the problem with the extra spaces in the
                        selection?

                        I have decided I want to change the name this way:

                        China Miéville

                        Miéville, China China Miéville

                        so I changed the clip to this:

                        H="First last to last, first"
                        ^!SetCode %KeepText%=^$GetSelection$
                        ^!Replace "{.*}\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH

                        ^!InsertCode ^%KeepText%

                        It works but there is one problem. Things do not line up properly.
                        I have tried both tab characters and spaces in the line that looks
                        blank above but things still do not line up. Here is a sample:

                        Miéville, China China Miéville
                        Sawyer, Robert J. Robert J. Sawyer
                        Bujold, Lois McMaster Lois McMaster Bujold
                        Simmons, Dan Dan Simmons
                        Brin, David David Brin

                        Is there a way to get the second column to line up regardless of the
                        length of the name?

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 9, 2004
                          > It works but there is one problem. Things do not line up properly.
                          > I have tried both tab characters and spaces in the line that looks
                          > blank above but things still do not line up. Here is a sample:
                          >
                          > Miéville, China China Miéville
                          > Sawyer, Robert J. Robert J. Sawyer
                          > Bujold, Lois McMaster Lois McMaster Bujold
                          > Simmons, Dan Dan Simmons
                          > Brin, David David Brin
                          >
                          > Is there a way to get the second column to line up regardless of the
                          > length of the name?

                          I guess the question is what exactly are you trying to do?
                          Give us 15 lines of the input and 15 lines of the desired output.
                          Is this a list of only names? If so why highlight anything.
                          Notetab is a plain text editor, so if you put a tab between things, that
                          won't hold it in staight columns necessarily.
                          If you put a set of spaces of set length, then it will look like the
                          above. You can put a varied lenth of spaces in if you wish.
                          If you are going to use it elsewhere, say in an excel spread sheet, then
                          it wouldn't matter.

                          You might want to check out the csv ed program that we have discussed
                          here recently. It is a great thing for working with delimited files as
                          a companion to notetab. I would have to find that link.

                          You are inserting three tabs apparently between the names.

                          I'll assume you have a list of names like this:
                          China Miéville
                          Robert J. Sawyer
                          Lois McMaster Bujold
                          Dan Simmons
                          David Brin

                          If I use your clip and highlight one name at a time, then I get your
                          result. If one name happens to be further out than the first tab stop,
                          then I get the results you get. Again the use you intend to make of
                          them matters at this point. If it is to display them in text form in
                          set columns, then you might do it something like this:
                          ; by don at htmlfixit.com
                          ; take list of names like this:
                          ;China Miéville
                          ;Robert J. Sawyer
                          ;Lois McMaster Bujold
                          ;Dan Simmons
                          ;David Brin
                          ; reorder it last, first [set width spaces] first last

                          ;go to start of file and
                          ;find the longest line
                          ;set LineLength to longest line
                          ^!Jump 1
                          ^!Set %LineLengthOriginal%=0
                          :LineLengthOriginal
                          ^!Select Eol

                          ^!If "^$StrSize("^$GetSelection$")$" <= "^%LineLengthOriginal%" SKIP_1
                          ^!Set %LineLengthOriginal%=^$StrSize("^$GetSelection$")$
                          ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLinecount$ Process
                          ^!Jump +1
                          ; repeat for each line
                          ^!GoTo LineLengthOriginal

                          ; redo each line by placing last, first
                          ; and by padding the original so we
                          ; get uniform columns for display in text view
                          :Process
                          ^!Jump 1
                          :ReformatLines
                          ^!Select Eol
                          ^!SetCode %KeepText%=^$GetSelection$
                          ^!Replace "{.*}\s+{.*}" >> "\2, \1" RH
                          ; here is the magic line ... uniform spaces are created
                          ; by padding KeepText with spaces with right alignment
                          ; from help:
                          ; ^$StrAlign("Str";TextWidth;Alignment[;Pad=False])$ (added in v4.9)
                          ; This function aligns the Str value within a space specified by
                          TextWidth. Alignment values can be Left, Right, or Center. If the Pad
                          parameter is used, a True value adds blank spaces on the right side of
                          Str (if necessary). Examples:
                          ; ^$StrAlign("Test";10;Right)$ -> " Test"
                          ; ^$StrAlign("Test";10;Center;True)$ -> " Test "
                          ^!SetCode
                          %KeepText%=^$StrAlign("^%KeepText%";^$Calc(^%LineLengthOriginal%+15)$;Right;True)$

                          ^!InsertCode ^%KeepText%
                          ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLinecount$ End
                          ^!Jump +1
                          ; repeat til tired or out of lines
                          ^!GoTo ReformatLines
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 9, 2004
                            Hi Daniel,

                            >It works but there is one problem. Things do not line up properly.
                            >I have tried both tab characters and spaces in the line that looks
                            >blank above but things still do not line up. Here is a sample:
                            >
                            >Miéville, China China Miéville
                            >Sawyer, Robert J. Robert J. Sawyer
                            >Bujold, Lois McMaster Lois McMaster Bujold

                            You need to use one real tab and then adjust the tab size till
                            they line up. You need to make the tab size one character bigger
                            than the longest name. Do that in Document | Properties off the
                            main menu so it is just for that document. You need to use a
                            fixed-width font like Courier New.

                            This Clip will convert the tabs to spaces aligning them, but you
                            will not be able to switch back to tabs. It will do a whole
                            document or selected lines. It will work with your 3 tabs, but
                            the spacing is a bit larger than if you were to only use 1 tab in
                            between the names. You can easily change it in the replace
                            dialog: Find "^t^t^t" Replace with "^t" w/o the quotes. (It will
                            also work with two or more spaces used as the delimiter/separator
                            instead of the tab.

                            <--- Copy below this line --->
                            H=Tabs to Spaces
                            ; 12-09-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
                            ; http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm, Tabs2Spaces jody

                            ; Input data must have columns separated by either a tab
                            ; character or two or more blanks. If you want to have a gap
                            ; in the table, ie an empty cell followed by non-empty
                            ; cell(s), you have to use tabs as column separators around
                            ; that cell. Regards /Claes

                            ^!ClearVariables
                            ^!Set %SelStart%=^$GetRowStart$:1; %SelEnd%=^$Calc(^$GetRowEnd$+1)$
                            ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ Next else Start
                            ^!Set %NoSel%=1
                            ^!Jump Doc_End
                            ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
                            ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                            ^!IfError Next else Skip_-2
                            ^!InsertText ^p
                            ^!Jump 1

                            :Start
                            ^!SetHintInfo Working...
                            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                            ^!SetWordWrap OFF

                            ;Make all delimiters tabs
                            ^!IfTrue ^%NoSel% Next else Skip_2
                            ^!Replace "[ ][ ]+" >> "\t" STAIRWH
                            ^!Goto Skip
                            ^!Replace "[ ][ ]+" >> "\t" STAIRH
                            ^!SetListDelimiter ^t
                            ^!SetArray %oldsz%=0
                            ; ^!Jump TEXT_START
                            ^!SetCursor ^%SelStart%

                            ;FIND THE REQUIRED COLUMN SIZES
                            ;Get a line as an array
                            :nextrec
                            ^!Select EOL
                            ^!Set %a%=^$GetSelection$
                            ^!SetArray %new%=^%a%
                            ^!SetArray %newsz%=^%new%

                            ;Make array of field sizes
                            ^!Set %ix%=0
                            ^!Inc %ix%
                            ^!Set %newsz^%ix%%=^$StrSize("^%new^%ix%%")$
                            ^!If ^%ix%<^%new0% Skip_-2

                            ;Merge new and old array
                            ^!SetArray %long%=^%oldsz%
                            ^!SetArray %short%=^%newsz%
                            ^!If ^%oldsz0%>^%newsz0% mergethem
                            ^!SetArray %long%=^%newsz%
                            ^!SetArray %short%=^%oldsz%
                            :mergethem
                            ^!Set %ix%=0
                            ^!Inc %ix%
                            ^!Set %long^%ix%%=^$calc(max(^%oldsz^%ix%%;^%newsz^%ix%%))$
                            ^!If ^%ix%<^%short0% Skip_-2
                            ^!SetArray %oldsz%=^%long%
                            ^!If ^$GetRow$=^$GetLineCount$ InsertSpace

                            ;Get next line
                            ^!Jump +1
                            ^!Jump LINE_START
                            ^!GoTo nextrec

                            ;NOW INSERT SPACES
                            :InsertSpace
                            ; ^!Jump TEXT_START
                            ^!SetCursor ^%SelStart%

                            ;Again pick up a line as an array
                            :nextrec2
                            ^!Select EOL
                            ^!Set %a%=^$getselection$
                            ^!Setarray %new%=^%a%
                            ;Skip record if only one field
                            ^!If ^%new0%<2 nextline
                            ^!Setarray %newsz%=^%new%

                            ;Make array of field sizes
                            ^!Set %ix%=0
                            ^!Inc %ix%
                            ^!Set %newsz^%ix%%=^$StrSize("^%new^%ix%%")$
                            ^!If ^%ix%<^%new0% Skip_-2

                            ;Get nbr of blanks needed and insert them
                            ^!Set %ix%=1
                            ^!Jump LINE_START
                            :nextfld2
                            ^!Find "^t" TIS
                            ^!InsertText ^$StrFill(" ";^$Calc(^%oldsz^%ix%%-^%newsz^%ix%%+2)$)$
                            ^!Inc %ix%
                            ^!If ^%ix%<^%newsz0% nextfld2
                            ^!If ^$GetRow$=^$GetLineCount$ Exit

                            ;Get next line
                            :nextline
                            ^!Jump +1
                            ^!Jump LINE_START
                            ^!IfTrue ^%NoSel% Next else Skip_2
                            ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLineCount$ End
                            ^!Goto nextrec2
                            ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^%SelEnd% End
                            ^!Goto nextrec2

                            <--- Copy above this line --->
                            <--- Right click over a Library --->
                            <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

                          • Daniel Prince
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 10, 2004
                              On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:46:25 -0500, "Don - htmlfixit.com"
                              <don@...> wrote:

                              >I guess the question is what exactly are you trying to do?
                              >Give us 15 lines of the input and 15 lines of the desired output.

                              Vinge, Vernor Vernor Vinge
                              Turtledove, Harry Harry Turtledove
                              Duane, Diane Diane Duane
                              Cassutt, Michael Michael Cassutt
                              Hamilton, Peter Peter Hamilton
                              Haldeman, Joe Joe Haldeman
                              Landis, Geoff Geoff Landis
                              Baxter, Steven Steven Baxter
                              Sawyer, Robert J. Robert J. Sawyer
                              Herbert, Brian Brian Herbert
                              Simmons, Dan Dan Simmons
                              Hendrix, Howard Howard Hendrix
                              Brin, David David Brin
                              Pratchett, Terry Terry Pratchett
                              Bujold, Lois Mcmaster Lois Mcmaster Bujold

                              >Is this a list of only names? If so why highlight anything.

                              I want to highlight the names because I have a list that I
                              periodically add to. I do not want the names that have already been
                              converted to be converted again. Also I put some book names into
                              the list. If I run your clip again I get this:

                              vinge , vinge, vernor vernor
                              vinge, vernor vernor vinge
                              Turtledove , Turtledove, Harry Harry
                              Turtledove, Harry Harry Turtledove
                              etc.

                              Can I limit your script to just selected text, perhaps with
                              ^$GetSelection$?
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 15, 2004
                                On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:17:01 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
                                >; that cell. Regards /Claes
                                >
                                >^!ClearVariables
                                >^!Set %SelStart%=^$GetRowStart$:1; %SelEnd%=^$Calc(^$GetRowEnd$+1)$
                                >^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ Next else Start
                                >^!Set %NoSel%=1
                                >^!Jump Doc_End
                                >^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
                                >^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                                >^!IfError Next else Skip_-2
                                >^!InsertText ^p
                                >^!Jump 1
                                >
                                >:Start
                                >^!SetHintInfo Working...
                                >^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                                >^!SetWordWrap OFF
                                >
                                >;Make all delimiters tabs
                                >^!IfTrue ^%NoSel% Next else Skip_2
                                >^!Replace "[ ][ ]+" >> "\t" STAIRWH
                                >^!Goto Skip
                                >^!Replace "[ ][ ]+" >> "\t" STAIRH
                                >^!SetListDelimiter ^t
                                >^!SetArray %oldsz%=0
                                >; ^!Jump TEXT_START
                                >^!SetCursor ^%SelStart%
                                >
                                >;FIND THE REQUIRED COLUMN SIZES
                                >;Get a line as an array
                                >:nextrec
                                >^!Select EOL
                                >^!Set %a%=^$GetSelection$
                                >^!SetArray %new%=^%a%
                                >^!SetArray %newsz%=^%new%
                                >
                                >;Make array of field sizes
                                >^!Set %ix%=0
                                >^!Inc %ix%
                                >^!Set %newsz^%ix%%=^$StrSize("^%new^%ix%%")$
                                >^!If ^%ix%<^%new0% Skip_-2
                                >
                                >;Merge new and old array
                                >^!SetArray %long%=^%oldsz%
                                >^!SetArray %short%=^%newsz%
                                >^!If ^%oldsz0%>^%newsz0% mergethem
                                >^!SetArray %long%=^%newsz%
                                >^!SetArray %short%=^%oldsz%
                                >:mergethem
                                >^!Set %ix%=0
                                >^!Inc %ix%
                                >^!Set %long^%ix%%=^$calc(max(^%oldsz^%ix%%;^%newsz^%ix%%))$
                                >^!If ^%ix%<^%short0% Skip_-2
                                >^!SetArray %oldsz%=^%long%
                                >^!If ^$GetRow$=^$GetLineCount$ InsertSpace
                                >
                                >;Get next line
                                >^!Jump +1
                                >^!Jump LINE_START
                                >^!GoTo nextrec
                                >
                                >;NOW INSERT SPACES
                                >:InsertSpace
                                >; ^!Jump TEXT_START
                                >^!SetCursor ^%SelStart%
                                >
                                >;Again pick up a line as an array
                                >:nextrec2
                                >^!Select EOL
                                >^!Set %a%=^$getselection$
                                >^!Setarray %new%=^%a%
                                >;Skip record if only one field
                                >^!If ^%new0%<2 nextline
                                >^!Setarray %newsz%=^%new%
                                >
                                >;Make array of field sizes
                                >^!Set %ix%=0
                                >^!Inc %ix%
                                >^!Set %newsz^%ix%%=^$StrSize("^%new^%ix%%")$
                                >^!If ^%ix%<^%new0% Skip_-2
                                >
                                >;Get nbr of blanks needed and insert them
                                >^!Set %ix%=1
                                >^!Jump LINE_START
                                >:nextfld2
                                >^!Find "^t" TIS
                                >^!InsertText ^$StrFill(" ";^$Calc(^%oldsz^%ix%%-^%newsz^%ix%%+2)$)$

                                This clip works but it does not stop by itself. Could I have done
                                something wrong when I installed it?

                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 15, 2004
                                  Hi Daniel,

                                  >>This Clip will convert the tabs to spaces aligning them, but you
                                  >>will not be able to switch back to tabs.
                                  >>
                                  >><--- Copy below this line --->
                                  >>H=Tabs to Spaces
                                  >>; 12-09-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
                                  >>; http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm, Tabs2Spaces jody
                                  >
                                  >This clip works but it does not stop by itself. Could I have done
                                  >something wrong when I installed it?

                                  I'll have to look into it later. When you reply to posts, please
                                  delete parts of the message that are not needed to understand
                                  your reply. Thanks!!! Try changing your three tabs to one tab to
                                  see if that makes a difference. Also, have one blank line at the
                                  end of your list in case the code is not doing that that I added
                                  and that is the problem. Are you doing it on a selection or on
                                  the whole document?

                                • Daniel Prince
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 15, 2004
                                    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:55:14 -0600, Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    >Try changing your three tabs to one tab to
                                    >see if that makes a difference. Also, have one blank line at the
                                    >end of your list in case the code is not doing that that I added
                                    >and that is the problem. Are you doing it on a selection or on
                                    >the whole document?

                                    It stops by itself if I have it do the whole document but not if
                                    there is text selected. It does not matter if there are three tabs
                                    or one or if there are blank lines selected after the text. It just
                                    keeps going with the CPU usage at 100 percent until I hit Alt &
                                    Control.
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 16, 2004
                                      Hi Daniel,

                                      >> Try changing your three tabs to one tab to see if that makes a
                                      >> difference. Also, have one blank line at the end of your list
                                      >> in case the code is not doing that that I added and that is the
                                      >> problem. Are you doing it on a selection or on the whole
                                      >> document?
                                      >
                                      >It stops by itself if I have it do the whole document but not if
                                      >there is text selected. It does not matter if there are three
                                      >tabs or one or if there are blank lines selected after the text.
                                      >It just keeps going with the CPU usage at 100 percent until I hit
                                      >Alt & Control.

                                      Do you have the problem with the following text? Are you in
                                      NoteTab Pro? I tried it in both NoteTab Pro and NoteTab
                                      Standard/Light and cannot get it to fail. (Make sure the tabs
                                      aren't converted in the mail.)

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 16, 2004
                                        On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:55:10 -0600, Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        >Do you have the problem with the following text?

                                        Yes and the first line was not converted, perhaps because that tab
                                        was converted in the mail.

                                        >Are you in NoteTab Pro?

                                        I use Standard 4.95/np under Windows XP 5.1.