Paste-board dividers

  • jxz@oreka.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Good day everyone

      Can anyone point me towards a method of having different
      paste-board dividers for different files?

      NoteTab Std's templates seem to offer the potential but the
      file resulting from the line:

      = DocTemplate ClipCode ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^p new divider ^p"trial%0.3d.txt"

      when opened via the menu File | Template | Open
      is named trial001.txt but the divider is still the default one.

      If it did work, would that alter the paste-board divider
      for that one file only or for all files?

      And does the code in the template execute each time the
      daughter file is loaded, or just when it's created?

      If it can't work, I've thought of using Ntb Std and Light
      at the same time, with different paste-board divider
      settings, but that would be a pain.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        Hi John,

        This is not what you asked for, but I had it lying around from
        about 5 years ago. <g> I think some of them are used for making
        Outline headers and hyperlinks. Just edit to what you want and
        put on your default Clipbar. You can then change the divider on
        the fly. Watch out for long lines. I don't know how well it works.
        I only tested for the new line and blank line.

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H="EditPasteboardDivider"
        ; eMailed on 05-01-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

        ^!Set %Divider%=^$GetPasteboardDivider$
        ^!Info Your current Paste Board says^p(blank is New Line or New Paragraph- note size):^p^p ^%Divider%
        ^!Set %Divider%=^?{Select a divider or type one in=_H=" For Easy Headers^=^p^pH="|Use An Opening Square Bracket^=^p[|Use An Opening Square Bracket Plus A Space^=^p[ |New Line^=^p|One Blank Line^=^p^p|}
        ^!IfError NoChange
        ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%
        ^!Info Your Pasteboard has been edited to:^p^p^%Divider%
        ^!Goto End

        :NoChange
        ^!Info Your PastseBoardDivider has not been edited and remains at:^p^p^$GetPasteboardDivider$

        H="HeaderPBoard"
        ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^p^pH="

        H="BlankSpacePboard"
        ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^p^p

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2004
          Hi John,

          This is one that is revised that is simpler and makes more sense. :)

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H=EditPasteboardDivider
          ; Last updated on 05-01-2004 by Jody
          ; eMailed on 05-01-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

          ^!Set %Divider%=^?{Select a divider or type one in=_New Line^=^p|One Blank Line^=^p^p|}
          ^!IfCancel NoChange
          ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%
          ^!IfSame "^%Divider%" "^%nl%" Next else Skip_2
          ^!Set %Divider%=New Line
          ^!Goto Skip_2
          ^!IfSame "^%Divider%" "^%nl%^%nl%" Next else Skip
          ^!Set %Divider%=One Blank Line
          ^!Info Your Pasteboard has been edited to:^p^p^%Divider%
          ^!Goto End

          :NoChange
          ^!Info Your PastseBoardDivider has not been edited.

          <--- Copy above this line --->
          <--- Right click over a Library --->
          <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

          See ya in the funnies,
          Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

          http://www.clean-funnies.com
        • jxz
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2004
            Thanks Jody.
            I'll root around and no doubt find what I want.
            John

            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              Hi jxz,

              Here's more help with it... :)

              <--- Copy below this line --->
              H=EditPasteboardDivider
              ; Last updated on 05-03-2004 by Jody Adair
              ; eMailed on 05-03-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
              ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, sojourner.us/software

              ; Note the (H=20) and the double "==" They are what makes the changes.
              ; The line might get split in the mail. You can select it all and use the
              ; Join Lines Tool under the Modify | Lines menu or Select and replace "^p"
              ; with nothing in the Replace dialog. You can tell the lines got split if
              ; they show up black in color in the Clip Editor window (Edit Clip... in
              ; the Clipbook content - right click menu).

              ; The basic commands are:
              ; with variable...
              ; ^!Set %Divider%=^?{Select a divider=_^p|^p^p|^p^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy)$^p}
              ; ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%
              ; or
              ; without variable...
              ; ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^?{Select a divider=_^p|^p^p|^p^p-- ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy, hh:nn:ss)$ --^p^p}
              ; or
              ; ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^?{(H=10)Select a divider==_^p|^p^p|^p^p-- ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy, hh:nn:ss)$ --^p^p}

              ; Add more dividers separating them with the vertical bar "|" in the
              ; "^?{Select a divider or type one in" wizard popup box below
              ; Examples: ^p-------- ^$GetDate(c)$ --------^p|^p^p--------------^p^p|
              ; |Date Format^=^p^pAdded on: ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy)$ ^p^p|
              ; New dividers can also be typed in the popup

              ; Opens popup (list) to choose PasteboardDivider desired
              ^!Set %Divider%=^?{Select a divider or type one in=_New Line^=^p|One Blank Line^=^p^p|}
              ^!IfCancel Exit
              ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%

              ; This will open a box displaying all dividers that you add into the wizard
              ; You cannot type in a divider using this format, but it seems easier to
              ; me to choose one instead of using the drop down list style.
              ; Note the (H=20) and the double "==" They are what makes the changes.

              ; ^!Set %Divider%=^?{(H=20)Select a divider or type one in==_New Line^=^p|One Blank Line^=^p^p|My Date Format^=^p^p ---> Added on: ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yyyy "at" hh:nn:ss)$^p^p|Windows global date format^=^p-------- ^$GetDate(c)$ --------^p|^p^p--------------^p^p|}
              ; ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%

              <--- Copy above this line --->
              <--- Right click over a Library --->
              <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

              This is the older one:
              <--- Copy below this line --->
              H=EditPasteboardDivider
              ; Last updated on 05-01-2004 by Jody
              ; eMailed on 05-01-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
              ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

              ^!Set %Divider%=^?{Select a divider or type one in=_New Line^=^p|One Blank Line^=^p^p|}
              ^!IfCancel NoChange
              ^!SetPasteboardDivider ^%Divider%
              ^!IfSame "^%Divider%" "^%nl%" Next else Skip_2
              ^!Set %Divider%=New Line
              ^!Goto Skip_2
              ^!IfSame "^%Divider%" "^%nl%^%nl%" Next else Skip
              ^!Set %Divider%=One Blank Line
              ^!Info Your Pasteboard has been edited to:^p^p^%Divider%
              ^!Goto End

              :NoChange
              ^!Info Your PastseBoardDivider has not been edited.

              <--- Copy above this line --->
              <--- Right click over a Library --->
              <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

              >Thanks Jody.
              >I'll root around and no doubt find what I want.
              >John

              See ya in the funnies,
              Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

              http://www.clean-funnies.com