Re: [Clip] Re: Trouble using AutoReplace key variable

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2004
      Hi Bob,

      >You can delete it from the end of the message if you want to
      >suppress it except that there is no way that I can tell to suppress the
      >extra <cr/lf> that NoteTab does with the return key. The ^& controls where
      >the hard break will occur, however. Just move it to the place in the text
      >output where it will cause you the least problems. If you use the %key%
      >variable, then the ^& will not move the <cr/lf>. The %key% variable will
      >determine where the break is. Otherwise the ^& will determine where it is.

      I modified the clips again and I was wrong about the above statement. The
      ^& function DOES NOT control where the hard break will occur when used by
      itself. If you place the %key% variable into the replace sring then it
      appears in the replace string in the same position where you placed but if
      you only use the ^& function, then the break is always placed at the very
      end of the whole clip function. That is; a hard break is added just after
      the clip and the subclip are finished. It is not part of running the clip.
      It is a finish/ending of the activation process.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê