Re: ^!Clip alternative?

  • forporph
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:00:09 -0000, forporph wrote:
      > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      > >> forporph wrote:
      > >>
      > >>  > ^!Clip clipname works fine if clipname has no Wizard fields;
      but
      > > if
      > >>  > it does nothing happens.
      > >>  >
      > >>  > How can I run clipname from within another clip if clipname
      > > contains
      > >>  > ?^[] or ?^{} fields?
      >
      > (In the case perchance your query be about this) next is two clips,
      the "1st" (1st demo)

      > H="junk11"
      > ^!Clip ^?[enter clip=junk10b]
      >
      > H="_junk10b"
      > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk10b
      >
      > ;Must use [ ] the square brackets.
      > ;This is so due to the parsing order is different
      > ;on { } curly braces. For example (2nd demo is next):
      >
      > H="junk1a"
      > ^!Set %call%=^?{enter clip=junk1b}
      > ^!Clip ^%call%
      >
      > H="_junk1b"
      > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk1b
      > ; -----end_of_clips
      >
      > Either the former or the latter of the two enclosed methods/demos
      will work. Note that the 2nd needs to first be set into a variable
      then called using the variable to do so whereas the 1st demo above
      uses ^!Clip to call directly on the wizard without using a variable.

      > About the difference in parsing order [ ] vs. { } is listed
      somewhere in either of the two help files; it might be in clip basics
      in the help content rather than the # 2 or "help on clip programming"