Re: [Clip] Trigger Left Mouse Button in Windows Control Box

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17 5:50 PM
      At 08:30 PM 3/17/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >To avoid rekeying by hand, a friend asked if there were a way to enter
      >EXCEL spreadsheet data and have it over write existing data in his 5,
      >000 part number UNIX based pricing system. A proprietary version of
      >Kermit is used to connect from his W98 machine to the UNIX server
      >which serves many users.
      >
      >CTRL V isn't enabled within the Kermit terminal program, but there is
      >a PASTE button at the top of the Kermit screen.
      >
      >->Is there a way to have Notepad focus on the appropriate Windows'
      >Control Button (I think that is the right term) and 'click' the mouse
      >button to paste information previously captured from EXCEL ?

      There is a way to get to the right click mouse menu from NoteTab and it
      does work with other applications such as Windows Explorer for example.

      ^!Keyboard Shift+F10

      You need to use ^!FocusApp to bring the application window you want to the
      front before NoteTab performs the ^!Keyboard command. If the wrong app is
      in focus, then you will get the wrong right click menu.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • kentghansen
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19 5:27 AM
        Thanks for your quick response. To restate the challenge: Somehow we
        hope to click the mouse at a certain position on the terminal screen.

        To restate: I was hoping to find a way to focus not only on the APP
        but actually on the relevant Windows Control box on the terminal
        window and then have the mouse 'click' via a keyboard command.

        Since posting I have discovered Macro Express which seems to have that
        the ability to specify individual control boxes.

        http://www.macros.com/tutorial/ME3Tutorial.htm

        It would be nice to be able to do a similar thing within Notetab.

        > There is a way to get to the right click mouse menu from NoteTab and
        it
        > does work with other applications such as Windows Explorer for
        example.

        > ^!Keyboard Shift+F10
        >
        > You need to use ^!FocusApp to bring the application window you want
        to the
        > front before NoteTab performs the ^!Keyboard command. If the wrong
        app is
        > in focus, then you will get the wrong right click menu.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry
        > lrt@n... e¿ê
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19 6:51 AM
          At 01:27 PM 3/19/04 -0000, you wrote:
          >Thanks for your quick response. To restate the challenge: Somehow we
          >hope to click the mouse at a certain position on the terminal screen.
          >
          >To restate: I was hoping to find a way to focus not only on the APP
          >but actually on the relevant Windows Control box on the terminal
          >window and then have the mouse 'click' via a keyboard command.

          I don't know what you mean by Windows Control box. Are you referring to
          the menu bar at the top of the window? If you are then it is very easy.
          Just go by the first letter of the item you want and then go by the
          underlined letters in the items in the drop down menu that appears when you
          click on the items

          Example in Eudor:

          My Eudora menu bar has nine items:

          File
          Edit
          Mailbox
          Message
          Transfer
          Special
          Tools
          Window
          Help

          The Message item has the letter M underlined so my ^!Keyboard command is:

          ^!Keyboard Alt+M

          I want to send an open message again and the drop down menu has an item
          "Send again" with the letter S underlined so that my total command is:

          ^!Keyboard Alt+M S

          And that causes Eudora to open a new copy of a message that I am reading
          for sending again. Of course I need a FocusApp command for NoteTab to
          bring Eudora to the front and in focus to receive the keystrokes.

          ^!FocusApp Eudora Pro*
          ^!Keyboard Alt+M S

          And when I run that clip in NoteTab, it switches focus to Eudora and drops
          down the Message item from Eudora's menu bar and selects the "Send again"
          item from that list and creates a new copy of the currently focused message
          for sending again.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • graham lawrence
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 19 10:41 AM
            Not sure if this is relevant to your objective, but there is an application,
            QuickMacros, that provides superior mouse control, window identification and
            position in window and in screen (to give it its due, QM is the Notetab of
            macro apps).

            Macros you may write for it can be activated by CTRL+SHIFT+key combination,
            ie thru Notetab's ^!Keyboard command.

            There is an earlier free version of this app still available, search for
            Quickm13.zip in search engine. It also can operate the Windows key, which I
            think is unavailable thru Notetab.

            When the QM editor window is open, the upper right portion of its screen
            tracks mouse x and y coords and window idents currently under the mouse
            cursor; really convenient and comprehensive information that as far as I
            know is available from no other app.

            It may cause conflicts with WindowsNT, but works fine with with win98 on.

            graham lawrence

            >From: "kentghansen" <kentghansen@...>
            >To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Clip] Trigger Left Mouse Button in Windows Control Box
            >Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:27:50 -0000
            >
            >Thanks for your quick response. To restate the challenge: Somehow we
            >hope to click the mouse at a certain position on the terminal screen.
            >
            >To restate: I was hoping to find a way to focus not only on the APP
            >but actually on the relevant Windows Control box on the terminal
            >window and then have the mouse 'click' via a keyboard command.
            >
            >Since posting I have discovered Macro Express which seems to have that
            >the ability to specify individual control boxes.
            >
            >http://www.macros.com/tutorial/ME3Tutorial.htm
            >
            >It would be nice to be able to do a similar thing within Notetab.
            >

            > > There is a way to get to the right click mouse menu from NoteTab and
            >it
            > > does work with other applications such as Windows Explorer for
            >example.
            > >
            > > ^!Keyboard Shift+F10
            > >
            > > You need to use ^!FocusApp to bring the application window you want
            >to the
            > > front before NoteTab performs the ^!Keyboard command. If the wrong
            >app is
            > > in focus, then you will get the wrong right click menu.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Larry
            > > lrt@n... e��
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms � all in one place at MSN Money!
            http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp