Re: [Clip] ^!Clip alternative?

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16 4:30 PM
      On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:00:09 -0000, forporph wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      >> forporph wrote:
      >>
      >>  > ^!Clip clipname works fine if clipname has no Wizard fields; but
      > if
      >>  > it does nothing happens.
      >>  >
      >>  > How can I run clipname from within another clip if clipname
      > contains
      >>  > ?^[] or ?^{} fields?

      (In the case perchance your query be about this) next is two clips, the "1st" (1st demo)

      H="junk11"
      ^!Clip ^?[enter clip=junk10b]

      H="_junk10b"
      ^!Info Hi there from clip junk10b

      ;Must use [ ] the square brackets.
      ;This is so due to the parsing order is different
      ;on { } curly braces. For example (2nd demo is next):

      H="junk1a"
      ^!Set %call%=^?{enter clip=junk1b}
      ^!Clip ^%call%

      H="_junk1b"
      ^!Info Hi there from clip junk1b
      ; -----end_of_clips

      Either the former or the latter of the two enclosed methods/demos will work. Note that the 2nd needs to first be set into a variable then called using the variable to do so whereas the 1st demo above uses ^!Clip to call directly on the wizard without using a variable.

      About the difference in parsing order [ ] vs. { } is listed somewhere in either of the two help files; it might be in clip basics in the help content rather than the # 2 or "help on clip programming"

      --
      Alan.
    • forporph
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18 10:30 AM
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
        > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:00:09 -0000, forporph wrote:
        > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
        > >> forporph wrote:
        > >>
        > >>  > ^!Clip clipname works fine if clipname has no Wizard fields;
        but
        > > if
        > >>  > it does nothing happens.
        > >>  >
        > >>  > How can I run clipname from within another clip if clipname
        > > contains
        > >>  > ?^[] or ?^{} fields?
        >
        > (In the case perchance your query be about this) next is two clips,
        the "1st" (1st demo)

        > H="junk11"
        > ^!Clip ^?[enter clip=junk10b]
        >
        > H="_junk10b"
        > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk10b
        >
        > ;Must use [ ] the square brackets.
        > ;This is so due to the parsing order is different
        > ;on { } curly braces. For example (2nd demo is next):
        >
        > H="junk1a"
        > ^!Set %call%=^?{enter clip=junk1b}
        > ^!Clip ^%call%
        >
        > H="_junk1b"
        > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk1b
        > ; -----end_of_clips
        >
        > Either the former or the latter of the two enclosed methods/demos
        will work. Note that the 2nd needs to first be set into a variable
        then called using the variable to do so whereas the 1st demo above
        uses ^!Clip to call directly on the wizard without using a variable.

        > About the difference in parsing order [ ] vs. { } is listed
        somewhere in either of the two help files; it might be in clip basics
        in the help content rather than the # 2 or "help on clip programming"

        > --
        > Alan.
      • forporph
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18 10:33 AM