Re: [Clip] ^!Clip alternative?

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "forporph" <mathalator@h...>

      > Following is the clip giving me the problem, it finds a clip to run
      > by a keyword, as my titles are often cryptic and I forget them.
      >
      > It works fine all the way to the end, if you follow thru the debug
      > output, but the ^!Clip command does nothing.
      >
      > If I have it run a clip without wizard fields, works fine
      >
      > Appreciate your help
      >
      > graham

      Graham did you happen to attach your clip to an email? Because
      attachments won't show up here in the forum, we can't see your clip.

      Without seeing your clip(s) I have no idea why it's not working for
      you, but here's a super simple example of one clip using another
      where each has clip wizards.

      John

      ; below is the first clip named TEMP

      ^!Set %a%=^?[Test 1=]

      ^!Info Variable A is: ^%a%

      ^!Clip temp2

      ^!Info Variable A is: ^%a% and Variable B from the called clip is: ^%
      b%

      ; next is the second clip named TEMP2

      ^!Set %b%=^?[Test 2=]

      ^!Info Variable B is: ^%b%
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2004
        On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:00:09 -0000, forporph wrote:
        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
        >> forporph wrote:
        >>
        >>  > ^!Clip clipname works fine if clipname has no Wizard fields; but
        > if
        >>  > it does nothing happens.
        >>  >
        >>  > How can I run clipname from within another clip if clipname
        > contains
        >>  > ?^[] or ?^{} fields?

        (In the case perchance your query be about this) next is two clips, the "1st" (1st demo)

        H="junk11"
        ^!Clip ^?[enter clip=junk10b]

        H="_junk10b"
        ^!Info Hi there from clip junk10b

        ;Must use [ ] the square brackets.
        ;This is so due to the parsing order is different
        ;on { } curly braces. For example (2nd demo is next):

        H="junk1a"
        ^!Set %call%=^?{enter clip=junk1b}
        ^!Clip ^%call%

        H="_junk1b"
        ^!Info Hi there from clip junk1b
        ; -----end_of_clips

        Either the former or the latter of the two enclosed methods/demos will work. Note that the 2nd needs to first be set into a variable then called using the variable to do so whereas the 1st demo above uses ^!Clip to call directly on the wizard without using a variable.

        About the difference in parsing order [ ] vs. { } is listed somewhere in either of the two help files; it might be in clip basics in the help content rather than the # 2 or "help on clip programming"

        --
        Alan.
      • forporph
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2004
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
          > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:00:09 -0000, forporph wrote:
          > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
          > >> forporph wrote:
          > >>
          > >>  > ^!Clip clipname works fine if clipname has no Wizard fields;
          but
          > > if
          > >>  > it does nothing happens.
          > >>  >
          > >>  > How can I run clipname from within another clip if clipname
          > > contains
          > >>  > ?^[] or ?^{} fields?
          >
          > (In the case perchance your query be about this) next is two clips,
          the "1st" (1st demo)

          > H="junk11"
          > ^!Clip ^?[enter clip=junk10b]
          >
          > H="_junk10b"
          > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk10b
          >
          > ;Must use [ ] the square brackets.
          > ;This is so due to the parsing order is different
          > ;on { } curly braces. For example (2nd demo is next):
          >
          > H="junk1a"
          > ^!Set %call%=^?{enter clip=junk1b}
          > ^!Clip ^%call%
          >
          > H="_junk1b"
          > ^!Info Hi there from clip junk1b
          > ; -----end_of_clips
          >
          > Either the former or the latter of the two enclosed methods/demos
          will work. Note that the 2nd needs to first be set into a variable
          then called using the variable to do so whereas the 1st demo above
          uses ^!Clip to call directly on the wizard without using a variable.

          > About the difference in parsing order [ ] vs. { } is listed
          somewhere in either of the two help files; it might be in clip basics
          in the help content rather than the # 2 or "help on clip programming"

          > --
          > Alan.
        • forporph
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 18, 2004