Re: [Clip] Saving document

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
      Hi Robin,

      >I collect data on a regular basis from a server and I have a clip
      >which massages it to the format that I need. Currently I save the
      >finished file manually and I cannot see an example in the sample
      >clips that are provided.
      >
      >The requirement is to save the unnamed file to a new name and
      >overwrite the old file.

      I'm guessing that the new name is the existing file that you want to overwrite.

      The command to save by a certain file name overwriting the existing file is:

      ^!Save As "full name with path" or ^!Save:As "full name with path"

      Such as:

      ^!Save As "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Documents\ServerData.txt"
      or
      ^!Save As "^$GetDocumentPath$ServerData.txt"

      ^$GetDocumentPath$ = NoteTab's Document folder

      bcnu,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.