Re: [Clip] I forgot how to make clips

  • clueless in seattle
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

      > You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab
      (which
      > is 4.95)

      Hi Larry! I remember you from the "good old days," back before my
      health headed south, but that's another story.

      I download version 4.95, but it won't install. I get a message
      saying I don't have a registered version on this computer. I'm not
      using the same computer I was using a couple of years ago. Back then
      I was still able to sit up and work at my desktop computer, but now I
      have to work in bed on a hand-me-down laptop. So I installed r.76c
      from a floppy I copied from my desktop.

      I've got 4.76c installed and running on the laptop, but I guess I'm
      missing some kind of registration i.d. file. Do you know what it
      might look like so I can hunt for it on my desktop computer? I still
      have the computer but seldom turn it on anymore. I just can't sit up
      at the computer anymore because of chronic pain.

      > The latest version (4.95) has added the feature that allows you to
      create
      > your own shortcut keys either short-term with a special command or
      you can
      > add the shortcut you want to a new .dat file called Shortcut.dat in
      the
      > home folder for the program.

      You must be a mind reader. I was going to post a note to Eric asking
      for exactly that feature.

      It's good to be back in touch again. I remember you as being one of
      the guys I got a lot of help from back when I was first learning my
      way around NTP. Using it again feels sort of like coming home.
    • clueless in seattle
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
        If at first you don't succeed....

        ===== transcript follows =====

        mail.WEBWORLDINC.COM reports:
        TO: jestar@... [554 Illegal message content]

        ===== Unsent message follows ====
        From
        sentto-1049646-8566-1078626423-
        jestar=webworldinc.com@... Sat Mar 06 19:32:18
        2004
        02:27:03 -0000
        02:27:02 -0000
        To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
        From: "clueless in seattle" <clueless_seattle@...>
        Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:27:01 -0000
        Subject: Re: [Clip] I forgot how to make clips

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

        > You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab
        (which
        > is 4.95)

        Hi Larry! I remember you from the "good old days," back before my
        health headed south, but that's another story.

        I download version 4.95, but it won't install. I get a message
        saying I don't have a registered version on this computer. I'm not
        using the same computer I was using a couple of years ago. Back then
        I was still able to sit up and work at my desktop computer, but now I
        have to work in bed on a hand-me-down laptop. So I installed r.76c
        from a floppy I copied from my desktop.

        I've got 4.76c installed and running on the laptop, but I guess I'm
        missing some kind of registration i.d. file. Do you know what it
        might look like so I can hunt for it on my desktop computer? I still
        have the computer but seldom turn it on anymore. I just can't sit up
        at the computer anymore because of chronic pain.

        > The latest version (4.95) has added the feature that allows you to
        create
        > your own shortcut keys either short-term with a special command or
        you can
        > add the shortcut you want to a new .dat file called Shortcut.dat in
        the
        > home folder for the program.

        You must be a mind reader. I was going to post a note to Eric asking
        for exactly that feature.

        It's good to be back in touch again. I remember you as being one of
        the guys I got a lot of help from back when I was first learning my
        way around NTP. Using it again feels sort of like coming home.
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
          Hi Clueless,

          At 02:27 AM 3/7/04 -0000, you wrote:
          >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
          >
          >> You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab
          >(which
          >> is 4.95)
          >
          >Hi Larry! I remember you from the "good old days," back before my
          >health headed south, but that's another story.
          >
          >I download version 4.95, but it won't install. I get a message
          >saying I don't have a registered version on this computer. I'm not
          >using the same computer I was using a couple of years ago. Back then
          >I was still able to sit up and work at my desktop computer, but now I
          >have to work in bed on a hand-me-down laptop. So I installed r.76c
          >from a floppy I copied from my desktop.
          >
          >I've got 4.76c installed and running on the laptop, but I guess I'm
          >missing some kind of registration i.d. file. Do you know what it
          >might look like so I can hunt for it on my desktop computer? I still
          >have the computer but seldom turn it on anymore. I just can't sit up
          >at the computer anymore because of chronic pain.

          If the upgrade wrapper program will not work for you, you could see if you
          have another old version of the program and install it and then try the
          wrapper again to see if it upgrades that one. Otherwise, write to Jody
          Adair at:

          Jody@...

          Give him your information about when you purchased NoteTab originally.
          Check numbers or other correspondence would be helpful here but if you know
          the original purchase date, he or Eric will be able to research it and get
          you upgraded.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê