Re: [Clip] I forgot how to make clips

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
      Hi Clueless,

      At 05:56 PM 3/6/04 -0000, you wrote:

      >I've been away from NTP for a couple of years now I guess, and so
      >I've forgotten how to make clips.
      >
      >I'd be grateful if one of you could point me to a set of step-by-step
      >instructions for beginners.
      >
      >What I want to do is very simple:
      >
      >All I want to do is change the Ctrl-C keyboard shortcut in the
      >WordStar command set, so that it performs the "copy to clipboard"
      >function it normally performs in the Windows command set.
      >
      >That should be a no-brainer, right?

      You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab (which
      is 4.95) and you should do so to take advantage of the added commands and
      features. You can dowload it from:

      http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php

      The latest version (4.95) has added the feature that allows you to create
      your own shortcut keys either short-term with a special command or you can
      add the shortcut you want to a new .dat file called Shortcut.dat in the
      home folder for the program. You have to be careful not to replace a
      combination you want to use for its original purpose but in this case you
      will probably be ok. If you change your mind later, you can delete the
      shortcut from the .dat file and restart NoteTab and it will be restored to
      the default.

      The newest version of NoteTab has a much inproved help file. Eric has
      added a separate help file for clip programming that includes a wonderful
      alphabetical list of the clip commands and functions. Take some time to
      look over the layout of the help files. Eric has put them together rather
      well, I think and when you have familiar yourself with them, you will have
      a much easier time looking for the help you need. The main help file is
      opened by going to the menu bar and selecting Help/Help Topics. The second
      help file on Clip programming can be opened by going to the menu bar and
      selecting Help/Help on Clip Programming.

      There was a mailing list for newcomers but the listowner discontinued it
      due to a lack of traffic and an increase in spam to the site. The
      listowner of these NoteTab sites is Jody Adair and he has placed a searies
      of helpful files on his website including a clip tutorial and a couple of
      outline files. One of the outline files is a tutorial itself on NoteTab
      Clip programing and the other is an email archive from the discontinued
      list of all of the posts to that list during its short life. This file
      also contains a clipbook library to go with the tutorial which should be
      helpful.

      You can download the tutorial in a file called cliptut.zip from:

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • clueless in seattle
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

        > You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab
        (which
        > is 4.95)

        Hi Larry! I remember you from the "good old days," back before my
        health headed south, but that's another story.

        I download version 4.95, but it won't install. I get a message
        saying I don't have a registered version on this computer. I'm not
        using the same computer I was using a couple of years ago. Back then
        I was still able to sit up and work at my desktop computer, but now I
        have to work in bed on a hand-me-down laptop. So I installed r.76c
        from a floppy I copied from my desktop.

        I've got 4.76c installed and running on the laptop, but I guess I'm
        missing some kind of registration i.d. file. Do you know what it
        might look like so I can hunt for it on my desktop computer? I still
        have the computer but seldom turn it on anymore. I just can't sit up
        at the computer anymore because of chronic pain.

        > The latest version (4.95) has added the feature that allows you to
        create
        > your own shortcut keys either short-term with a special command or
        you can
        > add the shortcut you want to a new .dat file called Shortcut.dat in
        the
        > home folder for the program.

        You must be a mind reader. I was going to post a note to Eric asking
        for exactly that feature.

        It's good to be back in touch again. I remember you as being one of
        the guys I got a lot of help from back when I was first learning my
        way around NTP. Using it again feels sort of like coming home.
      • clueless in seattle
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
          If at first you don't succeed....

          ===== transcript follows =====

          mail.WEBWORLDINC.COM reports:
          TO: jestar@... [554 Illegal message content]

          ===== Unsent message follows ====
          From
          sentto-1049646-8566-1078626423-
          jestar=webworldinc.com@... Sat Mar 06 19:32:18
          2004
          02:27:03 -0000
          02:27:02 -0000
          To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
          From: "clueless in seattle" <clueless_seattle@...>
          Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:27:01 -0000
          Subject: Re: [Clip] I forgot how to make clips

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
            Hi Clueless,

            At 02:27 AM 3/7/04 -0000, you wrote:
            >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
            >
            >> You are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version of NoteTab
            >(which
            >> is 4.95)
            >
            >Hi Larry! I remember you from the "good old days," back before my
            >health headed south, but that's another story.
            >
            >I download version 4.95, but it won't install. I get a message
            >saying I don't have a registered version on this computer. I'm not
            >using the same computer I was using a couple of years ago. Back then
            >I was still able to sit up and work at my desktop computer, but now I
            >have to work in bed on a hand-me-down laptop. So I installed r.76c
            >from a floppy I copied from my desktop.
            >
            >I've got 4.76c installed and running on the laptop, but I guess I'm
            >missing some kind of registration i.d. file. Do you know what it
            >might look like so I can hunt for it on my desktop computer? I still
            >have the computer but seldom turn it on anymore. I just can't sit up
            >at the computer anymore because of chronic pain.

            If the upgrade wrapper program will not work for you, you could see if you
            have another old version of the program and install it and then try the
            wrapper again to see if it upgrades that one. Otherwise, write to Jody
            Adair at:

            Jody@...

            Give him your information about when you purchased NoteTab originally.
            Check numbers or other correspondence would be helpful here but if you know
            the original purchase date, he or Eric will be able to research it and get
            you upgraded.

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê