Re: [Clip] ExamDiff Comparison Clip

  • Jelks Cabaniss
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      Larry Thomas wrote:
      > > In *this* version, when it gets to running the last line,
      > > instead of going automatically into Examdiff, I get
      > > Examdiff's Open dialog. Not only that, sometimes the two
      > > file names given in the dialog are both set to the Comp2
      > > variable!

      > Try inserting a ^!Delay nn just before each of the variables
      > are set. You might try using ^!Info ^%comp1%^p^%comp2% just
      > before the examdiff line to see what the variables contain
      > before examdiff is launched.

      Turns out %Comp1% is cleared for some reason after the *second*
      document is Tidied. Delays have no effect, and there is no %Comp1%
      used in the far clip:

      ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
      ^!Menu File/Save
      ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Tab
      ^!Info Before 2nd Tidy:^pComp1=^%Comp1%
      ^!Delay 30
      ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
      ^!Delay 30
      ^!Info After 2nd Tidy:^pComp1=^%Comp1%
      ^!Menu File/Save
      ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
      ^!CmdShow Maximize
      ^!Info Comp1=^%Comp1%^pComp2=^%Comp2%
      ;^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"

      Ah, it just dawned on me: ^!ClearVariables is called in the far
      clip ...

      Update: I just did a ^!SaveValue before the 2nd Tidy and a ^!
      GetValue after it, and it now works!

      Thanks Larry!

      /Jelks