Re: [NTB] Insert date and time in pasteboard

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
      Hi Linda,

      At 01:10 PM 3/3/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi, I'm new to notetab and one of the reasons I would like to use it
      >is as a log. I would like to insert the current date and time each
      >time I copy something to the pasteboard. I'm sure that must be
      >possible, but I'm not quite sure how. Thank you for any assistance
      >you can offer.
      >
      >Linda

      You can do this by using the clip below. If you wish to discuss clips and
      how to write and use them, please do not post to this list. Please post to
      the NoteTab Clips list by sending an empty post to:

      The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      And I or someone else will try to help you there. Or you can post to me in
      private.

      Here is the clip:
      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Append to Clipboard"
      ;
      ^!SetClipBoard ^$GetClipBoard$^%nl%^%nl%Appended to the Clipboard on:
      ^$Getdate(dddd mmm d, yyyy)$ At ^$Getdate(h:mm:SS
      AM/PM)$^%NL%^$StrFill(¯;72)$^%nl%^%nl%^$GetSelection$
      ;
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      This clip does not work when you copy things to the clipboard. You
      actually use this clip instead of the normal copy command to copy things to
      the clipboard. When you use this clip, it will append every selection you
      make into the clipboard without deleting or overwriting previous items and
      it will place a time/date stamp between each item appended. When you are
      done, you can just paste everything into a new document.

      The clip below will clear out the clipboard so you can start appending new
      stuff to it.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Empty Clipboard"
      ^!SetClipboard ^%Empty%
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
        Hi Larry and Linda,

        >I would like to insert the current date and time each time I copy
        >something to the pasteboard. I'm sure that must be possible, but
        >I'm not quite sure how. Thank you for any assistance you can
        >offer.

        Just so you know what is going on... ;)

        Unfortunately, the Paste Board will not except date filters else
        that would be the route to take. You need to use what is called
        an event named "OnClipboardChange" (OCC). It is best to have a
        way to turn it on/off too. When you turn it on NoteTab monitors
        the Clipboard and if there is a change detected it does whatever
        it is directed to do in the Clip event OCC. In your case you
        would want a Clip to be called or just add Clip code in OCC. I
        like calling a Clip myself, because more things can be done or at
        least in a more orderly fashion when it is like that. FWIW, my
        main OCC that I use most the day consists of over 140 lines using
        nigh 7000 lines of Clip code and text. :-) I do many things with
        it from formatting eMail, launching programs, calculating data,
        and more all from other programs.

        There is a non-complex example Library called "PasteClips" that
        comes with NoteTab that uses the principle of OCC. You would need
        to make a copy and learn a tiny bit of Clip code in order to
        modify it to do what you want. If the "CaptureLinks" Library
        still comes with NoteTab, it also uses the same principle.

        So, here ya go...

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=cBOn
        ; eMailed on 03-03-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody (1 of 3)
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
        ; http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home

        ; makes ntbUsers.ini file active (in Libraries folder)
        ^!SetIniFile ntbUsers

        ; sets value in section "NoteBack" in key "OnChange"
        ; to 1 which causes "OnClipboardChange" to continue (See code)
        ^!SaveValue NoteBack:OnChange=1

        ; plays sound stolen from Calypso eMail <g> Change or ;comment out
        ^!Sound ^$GetSoundPath$Caw.wav

        H=cbOff
        ; eMailed on 03-03-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody (2 of 3)
        ; makes ntbUsers.ini file active (in Libraries folder)
        ^!SetIniFile ntbUsers

        ; sets value in section "NoteBack" in key "OnChange"
        ; to 0 which causes "OnClipboardChange" to exit (See code)
        ^!SaveValue NoteBack:OnChange=0

        ; plays modified sound stolen from Calypso eMail <g>
        ; Change or ;comment out
        ^!Sound ^$GetSoundPath$CawCaw.wav

        H=_OnClipBoardChange
        ; eMailed on 03-03-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody (3 of 3)
        ; Last updated on 03-03-2004 by Jody Adair <Support@...>
        ; Extracted and edited from Jody's NoteBack (05-18-1999) Library
        ; http://www.fookes.us/redir, http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        ; makes ntbUsers.ini file active (in Libraries folder)
        ^!SetIniFile ntbUsers

        ; checks to see if OnClipboardChange is blocked via code in
        ; cBOn/cBOff. OnClipboardChange is active, but the code exits
        ; the Clip if cBOff was last executed
        ^!IfFalse "^$GetValue(NoteBack:OnChange)$" End

        ; If text copied is under 50 characters, no text is inserted,
        ; the Clip is exited. ;Comment out the line or change value as
        ; desired.
        ^!If "^$GetClipboardSize$" > "50" Next else End

        ; this is where the copied text is inserted into the focused document
        ; with time stamp. See time filters in Help to modify to your preference.
        ; Couldn't help the sales pitch. <bg> ONE LONG LINE THROUGH --> /redir^p^p
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipboard$^p^p^t^t------ ^$GetDate(dddd"," mmmm dd"," yyyy "at" hh:nn:ssam/pm)$ ------^p^t^t^t^t http://www.fookes.us/redir^p^p

        ; Eric saying "Captured Information" http://www.notetab.com/download.php
        ^!Sound ^$GetSoundPath$SayInfo.wav

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

        Oh, I have a very old Library that does a lot of things like the
        one above, I think about 7 of them. One prints, one adds to
        outline, another collects links, and there's a couple for
        collecting data. I think it is called, hmmm, NotePrints, nope, <g>:

        This is in the zip file, sorry for not reformatting - got to go to
        work and quit playing around now. :) Link below...

        H=" NoteBoards"
        ^!SetWizardTitle . Welcome to NoteBoards .
        ^!Info [L]Hello NoteTabber!^p^p Welcome to NoteBoards^p^pNoteBoards allows you to capture text from the clipboard as you copy it into NoteTab from another application without going back to NoteTab to paste it.^p^pThis is done by using the OnClipBoardChange command. It is one of the few commands that is an actual header in NoteTab.^p^pAfter you close this window another window will appear which is the start of "Setup."^p^pMake sure you read Information!^p^p Last updated: 07-08-2003, ver. 2.0^p^pMore sounds added. ;)^p^phttp://www.notetab.net/zip/noteboards.zip