Re: [Clip] ExamDiff Comparison Clip

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      Larry Thomas wrote:

      > At 03:19 AM 3/3/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >
      >> ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"
      >>
      >> In *this* version, when it gets to running the last line, instead of
      >> going automatically into Examdiff, I get Examdiff's Open dialog.
      >> Not only that, sometimes the two file names given in the dialog are
      >> both set to the Comp2 variable!
      >>
      >> What gives?
      >

      > Try inserting a ^!Delay nn just before each of the variables are
      set. You
      > might try using ^!Info ^%comp1%^p^%comp2% just before the examdiff
      line to
      > see what the variables contain before examdiff is launched.
      >
      > Regards,

      Jelks,

      It will work either way, but, to use the ^!Shell command, I think it is
      the most recent and preferred method to run a program, also, you must
      use double quotes around the program path with spaces in it.

      ^!"C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE" ^%Comp1% ^%Comp2%

      ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE" ^%Comp1% ^%Comp2%

      hrs
    • Jelks Cabaniss
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
        Larry Thomas wrote:
        > > In *this* version, when it gets to running the last line,
        > > instead of going automatically into Examdiff, I get
        > > Examdiff's Open dialog. Not only that, sometimes the two
        > > file names given in the dialog are both set to the Comp2
        > > variable!

        > Try inserting a ^!Delay nn just before each of the variables
        > are set. You might try using ^!Info ^%comp1%^p^%comp2% just
        > before the examdiff line to see what the variables contain
        > before examdiff is launched.

        Turns out %Comp1% is cleared for some reason after the *second*
        document is Tidied. Delays have no effect, and there is no %Comp1%
        used in the far clip:

        ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
        ^!Menu File/Save
        ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Tab
        ^!Info Before 2nd Tidy:^pComp1=^%Comp1%
        ^!Delay 30
        ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
        ^!Delay 30
        ^!Info After 2nd Tidy:^pComp1=^%Comp1%
        ^!Menu File/Save
        ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
        ^!CmdShow Maximize
        ^!Info Comp1=^%Comp1%^pComp2=^%Comp2%
        ;^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"

        Ah, it just dawned on me: ^!ClearVariables is called in the far
        clip ...

        Update: I just did a ^!SaveValue before the 2nd Tidy and a ^!
        GetValue after it, and it now works!

        Thanks Larry!

        /Jelks