ExamDiff Comparison Clip

  • Jelks Cabaniss
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 7:19 PM
      Not that long ago, Larry Thomas posted this jewel of a clip to take
      two files you have open in NTP and compare them in Examdiff:

      ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Tab
      ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
      ^!CmdShow Maximize
      ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"

      Now I've been doing a lot of HTML file diffs, and often after some
      comparing and edits in Examdiff I'll save the files, then go edit
      them some more in NTP. I then run each of them through Tidy (via a
      clip), save them, and then start the process again by running
      Larry's clip.

      It's been working great. Thanks, Larry!

      Tonight I decided to incorporate the pre-Examdiff Tidying and saving
      into Larry's clip. This is what I came up with:

      ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
      ^!Menu File/Save
      ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Tab
      ^!FarClip !xml: Tidy now!
      ^!Menu File/Save
      ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
      ^!CmdShow Maximize
      ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff Pro\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"

      [Don't worry about the weird-looking Far Clip -- the name of the
      clip is actually " Tidy Now!", with two leading spaces. And *that*
      part works.]

      In *this* version, when it gets to running the last line, instead of
      going automatically into Examdiff, I get Examdiff's Open dialog.
      Not only that, sometimes the two file names given in the dialog are
      both set to the Comp2 variable!

      What gives?

      Actually, I first did the variable setting *before* each Tidy, and I
      though the Tidy process was perhaps confusing it, so I moved them to
      after the File Save (which is as you see it above). But that seems
      to have made no difference.

      Any ideas?

      /Jelks