Re: Save FTP document - WinXP

  • taneroo
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
      Mike,
      From what you have shown it appears the problem would be FTP is
      waiting for another command from you.
      For your script to run you will have to provide some more information.

      open mydomain.com
      myusername
      mypassword
      cd httpdocs
      ascii

      If you follow these with a line to put or get a file

      put c:\wwwroot\mypage.html

      or

      get mypage.html

      and then complete every FTP script with
      bye

      your script should run, but if the issue is permissions or access on
      the host
      you should also try adding "-v" to your ftp command.

      ftp -v -s:c:\script.txt

      This option will make visible FTP processing and show you any errors
      your script may be having on the host (wrong directory, no access,
      etc).

      Good Luck.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "wilkinsonm" <mike@w...> wrote:
      > I've done a couple of things trying to diagnose the problem I
      > described below with the Save FTP document clip in the FTP library.
      > (see 11565). I first noticed this problem when I moved to WinXP Pro
      > ten days ago.
      >
      > First, I created a text file named script.txt and shown here:
      >
      > open mydomain.com
      > myusername
      > mypassword
      > cd httpdocs
      > ascii
      >
      > (domain, user and password have been changed)
      >
      > I opened the WinXP command shell and typed this:
      >
      > ftp -s:c:\script.txt
      >
      > The FTP site was opened, the user logged in, the directory changed
      > httpdocs and the file type changed to ascii in less than a second.
      >
      > Then I used NoteTab to create a clip like this:
      >
      > ^!Shell ftp -s:c:\script.txt
      >
      > When I save the clip, then click on it, the FTP client opens, and
      the
      > words "open mydomain.com" appear, then the program hangs.
      >
      > This is the same behavior I noticed when trying to use the
      > full-fledged Save FTP document clip. As I mentioned in my original
      > posting, it worked fine until I moved to WinXP.
      >
      > Any thoughts?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Mike Wilkinson
      >

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "wilkinsonm" <mikew@w...> wrote:
      > > I just moved to WinXP Pro, and now the "Save FTP document" clip
      in the
      > > FTP Library isn't working right.
      > >
      > > If I use the "FTP server setup" clip with Capture FTP messages =
      Yes