Re: [Clip] Enhancement idea: Spell checking and OnDocumentClose event

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
      At 04:58 PM 2/29/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >I may be wrong but I don't believe there are any clip commands to run
      >the spell checker against a document. If there aren't then would there
      >be any interest in the following:
      >
      >- New event: OnDocumentClose
      >- New clip command: ^!CheckSpelling
      >
      >Although I don't need it for this task, for completeness there should
      >probably be an analogous "OnDocumentOpen" event.
      >
      >What I want to do is run the spell checker against the current
      >document every time I save it.
      >
      >PS: If there is a more appropriate venue (such as a bug
      >tracking/enhancement database) to post such requests please let me
      >know.

      You can do this with a clip.

      H="Spellcheck and Save File"
      ^!Toolbar Spell Check
      ^!Save

      FROM THE HELP FILE:
      ==================

      Bug Reports
      Although we test our software, rigorously, there is always the possibility
      that a bug will appear when the program is used under a different set of
      conditions. If you think you have encountered such a problem, please go to
      Report a Bug.

      Send your bug report to the following e-mail address:

      bugs@...
      (no big attachments please!)

      END OF HELP FILE INFORMATION:
      =============================

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
        At 04:58 PM 2/29/04 -0000, you wrote:
        >I may be wrong but I don't believe there are any clip commands to run
        >the spell checker against a document. If there aren't then would there
        >be any interest in the following:
        >
        >- New event: OnDocumentClose
        >- New clip command: ^!CheckSpelling

        Sorry, I did not see your request for a New event. That already exists in
        NoteTab as well.

        Change:

        H="Spellcheck and Save File"
        ^!Toolbar Spell Check
        ^!Save

        H="OnClose"
        ^!Toolbar Spell Check
        ^!Save

        You need to know that this will only spell check the currently focused
        file. If you are working on several files and want to spell check and save
        them all, you will have to run the first clip on all but the last one and
        if your file is not in focus it will not be checked. Only the focused one
        will be checked.

        You should also know that only one clip can have this name in the clipbook
        library and that library must be currently open and active when you close
        NoteTab or it will not run. It does not have to be displayed however, you
        can hide the clipbook panel by pressing Ctrl+F12.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
          One more thing with "OnClose" clips. You need to know that they will be
          run everytime you close the clipbook or switch to another library in
          addition to when you quit NoteTab. Personally, I would get rather tired of
          that but you have the option of closing or switch the library to disable it
          if you wish.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
            Here is another idea for:

            >- New clip command: ^!CheckSpelling

            H="Spellcheck and Save File"
            ^!Toolbar Spell Check
            ^!Close Save

            This clip will spell check the current document then close and save it when
            run.

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • jdfmike
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
              Larry:

              Doesn't the existing "onClose" event refer to the clip library rather
              than the active document? I was wanting to run the clip whenever the
              active document is closed.

              PS: Thank you for the tips on how to run the spell checker via a clip.