[Clip] Printing pages side by side

  • Keith Gardner
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
      Greetings:

      One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side by side
      printing of pages. That is, it allows me to print two portrait pages side by
      side, landscaped, on a single sheet. Any way to do this in NTP?

      Keith Gardner
      Pastor
      Consultant
      www.mhonline.net/~kgard

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
        Hi Keith,

        >One of the few things I still use my other text editor
        >for is side by side printing of pages. That is, it allows
        >me to print two portrait pages side by side, landscaped,
        >on a single sheet. Any way to do this in NTP?

        Nothing with images in them and NoteTab does not really
        support what you want. For simple things though, a couple
        pages, you could use the block/copy/cut/paste tools.

        I image if one wanted to get creative he could write a script
        that would take a single page doc (a standard one) and convert
        it. You would need to know how many columns and lines etc.,
        then with some basic math use commands like select, cut, jump,
        block paste, page break, looping...

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro......
        http://www.notetab.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
          Jody:

          Kind of what I thought. Thanks.

          Keith Gardner
          Pastor
          Consultant
          www.mhonline.net/~kgard

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
            Hello Keith,

            >One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side by side
            >printing of pages. That is, it allows me to print two portrait pages side by
            >side, landscaped, on a single sheet. Any way to do this in NTP?

            You could take a look at the following utility:

            Fine Print: a printer driver that prints multiple document pages on a
            single sheet of paper. It has been tested with NoteTab and works well.
            http://www.singletrack.com/
            There might also be some equivalent programs available as freeware.

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            -----------
            NoteTab v4.6 available from

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
          • Patricia Osborne
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
              At 02:10 PM 3/24/99 -0500, Keith Gardner wrote:
              >...allows me to print two portrait pages side by
              >side, landscaped, on a single sheet. Any way to do this in NTP?

              My printer, Lexmark R+ (ca. 1996), allows this regardless of program or content (text, graphic images, etc.; although "tables" sometimes are a bit off). Lexmark provides new drivers for all OSs on a frequent basis; the driver allowing 2-UP, 4-UP, etc., appeared about a year ago, I think.

              Thus, be sure to check for the most recent printer driver for your particular setup!!!

              Patricia Osborne (314) 362-2554 or -2561 voice
              aka (314) 747-1772 fax
              {;-/) PAKO ICQ 13710127 mailto:pako@...
              Saint Louis MO 63110 USA

              eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
            • Kay Roath
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                3/24/1999 1:10 PM Keith Gardner wrote
                > One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side by side
                > printing of pages. That is, it allows me to print two portrait pages side by
                > side, landscaped, on a single sheet. Any way to do this in NTP?

                Hi Pastor Keith -
                I doubt that we'll ever have that ability in NoteTab because
                of the size of the code it would take to implement it....but
                it does give you the ability to call your other program with
                the name of the current file (or a hard-coded file name) and
                send it keystrokes to automate the whole printing thing :)

                If you need a clip to do that, send me the location of the
                text processor & what keystrokes it takes to do what you
                want.

                --- Grandma Kay ---
                http://notetab.kay.net

                eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                  Hi Eric and Keith,

                  >>One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side
                  >>by side printing of pages.

                  >It has been tested with NoteTab and works well.
                  > http://www.singletrack.com/
                  >There might also be some equivalent programs available as freeware.

                  Yeppers:
                  Visit the TxtPrint homepage:
                  http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html

                  "TxtPrint [/p] [filename1 filename2 filename3 ...]
                  You must add the path to TxtPrint to the operating system path
                  to be able use TxtPrint from the command line."

                  It uses the current configuration that you have in the program
                  if I remeber correctly. It has a large number of variations you
                  may use.

                  You would only need to click a clip with the commandline in it.
                  It is a small app by itself but uses some common .dlls.

                  Happy NoteTabbin',
                  Jody Adair

                  The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab/
                  NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro......
                  http://www.notetab.com

                  eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                • Lawrence R. Thomas
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                    Hi Keith, Jody, Eric and All,

                    At 02:54 PM 3/24/1999 -0600, you wrote:
                    >Hi Eric and Keith,
                    >
                    >>>One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side
                    >>>by side printing of pages.
                    >
                    >>It has been tested with NoteTab and works well.
                    >> http://www.singletrack.com/
                    >>There might also be some equivalent programs available as freeware.
                    >
                    >Yeppers:
                    >Visit the TxtPrint homepage:
                    >http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html
                    >
                    >"TxtPrint [/p] [filename1 filename2 filename3 ...]
                    >You must add the path to TxtPrint to the operating system path
                    >to be able use TxtPrint from the command line."
                    >
                    >It uses the current configuration that you have in the program
                    >if I remeber correctly. It has a large number of variations you
                    >may use.
                    >
                    >You would only need to click a clip with the commandline in it.
                    >It is a small app by itself but uses some common .dlls.
                    >
                    >Happy NoteTabbin',
                    >Jody Adair

                    I have it and the following clip works with it:

                    ---------< start clip >---------
                    H="Print Current Doc"
                    ^!^$GetAppPath$\TxtPrint\TxtPrint.exe "^**"
                    ---------< end clip >-----------

                    Regards,

                    Larry
                    larryt@...

                    eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                  • Norma Armstrong
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                      Just curious if anybody has a clip that will give you a percentage when you
                      give it a server log file. If there isn't any, any examples of programming
                      one so I can create the clip myself? I found a program that does it, but
                      unfortunately it didn't work with my huge log file (maybe time to delete it
                      and start anew I guess :) ).
                      Norma

                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                        Hi everyone!

                        Thanks for all the help. Works nicely. Y'all are such nice folks. (8-D

                        Keith Gardner
                        Pastor
                        Consultant
                        www.mhonline.net/~kgard

                        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                      • Roger Williams
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                          Jody wrote:

                          > Hi Eric and Keith,
                          >
                          > >>One of the few things I still use my other text editor for is side
                          > >>by side printing of pages.

                          Then, quoting Eric's reply...

                          > >It has been tested with NoteTab and works well.
                          > > http://www.singletrack.com/
                          > >There might also be some equivalent programs available as freeware.

                          I checked this URL out, and the utility handles images,
                          postscript printers, the works. It also (at USD20) makes NoteTab
                          Pro look even more of a bargain!

                          > Yeppers:
                          > Visit the TxtPrint homepage:
                          > http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html
                          >
                          > "TxtPrint [/p] [filename1 filename2 filename3 ...]
                          > You must add the path to TxtPrint to the operating system path
                          > to be able use TxtPrint from the command line."

                          This means you have to use a DOS window (major drawback for some
                          folks) and it also only handles text. I know NoteTab Pro
                          essentially only handles text, but just wanted to point out that
                          you do get a lot more in the utility you pay for than in the
                          freebee (which seems to be fine at what it was intended for).

                          Roger

                          > It uses the current configuration that you have in the program
                          > if I remeber correctly. It has a large number of variations you
                          > may use.
                          >
                          > You would only need to click a clip with the commandline in it.
                          > It is a small app by itself but uses some common .dlls.
                          >
                          > Happy NoteTabbin',
                          > Jody Adair
                          >
                          > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                          > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/
                          > NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro......
                          > http://www.notetab.com

                          > Too much effort to find the stock info you want each day? StockMaster
                          > lets you enter a company name and quickly shows you a daily quote,
                          > chart, and news all on one page. Free! http://stockmaster.com/?a=f7
                          >
                          > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips

                          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                        • Dennis Cummins
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                            I have a program called winprint. It will print two and four pages to a
                            page. If you would like to try it you can get it here:

                            http://www.cswnet.com/~sider/Winprn.zip

                            It is about 14k zipped.

                            Dennis

                            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 24, 1999
                              Hi Roger

                              >> > http://www.singletrack.com/

                              >I checked this URL out, and the utility handles images,
                              >postscript printers, the works. It also (at USD20) makes NoteTab
                              >Pro look even more of a bargain!

                              Will it make it so one can print the open doc in NoteTab with
                              images in it? Sometype of code you put in where you want the
                              images like in html? For the list purposes here lets try to
                              keep this thread NoteTab oriented.

                              >> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html
                              >> "TxtPrint [/p] [filename1 filename2 filename3 ...]

                              >This means you have to use a DOS window (major drawback for some
                              >folks) and it also only handles text.

                              There's no Dos Window at all. For a freebie enchancement for NoteTab
                              it is real nice and easy I think. It does not do images though.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 25, 1999
                                Greetings:

                                NTP is set as my default text editor. When I double click a text file in
                                Explorer, NTP opens, the file loads but I get a message stating:

                                Cannot find the file (filename.txt) or one of its components. Make sure the
                                path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

                                This happens with NTP closed or already open. Any ideas?

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 25, 1999
                                  Hi Keith,

                                  >NTP is set as my default text editor. When I double click a
                                  >text file in Explorer, NTP opens, the file loads but I get a
                                  >message stating:
                                  >
                                  >Cannot find the file (filename.txt) or one of its components.
                                  >Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
                                  >required libraries are available.

                                  That is the Windows error message, correct? I get that on
                                  occassional installs of Netscape - but the problem is constant
                                  when it does appear. Reinstalling Netscape always cleared it
                                  for me.

                                  If you are associating the files via NoteTab try removing the
                                  association, restarting NoteTab, and associate again.

                                  If no help take out the association in NoteTab, go into Windows
                                  Explorer, and assoicate from View/Options/File Types.

                                  You might have installed NoteTab in a different folder from the
                                  last time you associated them with it. You might just start off
                                  by going dirrectly to Windows Explorer and check the path there
                                  under View/Options.

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 25, 1999
                                    Hi Keith,

                                    >NTP is set as my default text editor. When I double click a text file in
                                    >Explorer, NTP opens, the file loads but I get a message stating:
                                    >
                                    >Cannot find the file (filename.txt) or one of its components. Make sure the
                                    >path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
                                    >
                                    >This happens with NTP closed or already open. Any ideas?

                                    Here's some information that should help you to solve the problem...

                                    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q166/3/89.asp

                                    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
                                    1.Double-click My Computer.
                                    2.On the View menu, click Options.
                                    3.Click the File Types tab. To modify an association, click the file type
                                    in the Registered File Types box, and then click Edit. To determine which
                                    file type is causing the problem, use the right mouse button to click a
                                    file of the appropriate type in Windows Explorer, and then click
                                    Properties. The line titled Type lists the entry in the Registered File
                                    Types box that needs modification.
                                    4.Click the Use DDE check box to clear it.

                                    Regards,
                                    Eric Fookes
                                    -----------
                                    NoteTab v4.6 available from

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 25, 1999
                                      Eric:

                                      That fixed it. Thanks. Thanks for your reply too Jody.

                                      Keith Gardner
                                      Pastor
                                      Consultant
                                      www.mhonline.net/~kgard
                                        > I have a program called winprint. It will print two and four pages to a
                                        > page. If you would like to try it you can get it here:

                                        WinPrn has no documentation with it. Does this accept parameters from the
                                        command line? Also, TxtPrint has print preview, which is really handy. But
                                        thanks for your reply.

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 25, 1999
                                          Hi Keith.
                                          There is no documentation. That is all I have.

                                          Dennis