[Clip] Re: Getting a particular word in a string

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2004
      Larry, Roy, Alec, Don, John,

      > All he wants to do is to have a clip that captures the third word
      on what
      > ever line the cursor is on when the clip is run.

      As you have realized, I only wanted to offer a possible way to tackle
      this problem. It may be unconventional (and not suitable for all
      situations), but I figured it would be useful enough to share it with
      you. Sometimes a question on these lists just begs for some browsing
      through the help-files. The string processing functions are powerful
      but it seemed that complex searching, counting and calculating would
      be too much for the original task...

      All the best,

      Hugo