Re: Creating new Auto Replace Library

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2004
      Hi Bob,

      Actually I tested it with two autoreplace patterns:

      "h"+<space> expands to "H-<space>", so if you type sq4 after that you
      end up with H-SqTh4...

      Hugo

      > backspace with the dancer abbreviation H-, the "-" is back over
      > and "replaced" with the <space> that I typed to triggering the
      > AutoReplace in the first place, so the result is "H SqTh4" rather
      > than "H-SqTh4".

    • summers_bob
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2004
        Hugo,

        It looks like you and NoteTab are giving my brain as good a workout
        as I get from my square dance homework and in moving dancers on the
        floor. It's good to expand my abilities with NoteTab macros and
        clips since I do often convert text to web pages as a retired part-
        time webmaster.

        I tried the simple clip library as you mentionned (in the previous
        post) and it does work as mentionned. However the AutoReplace
        library is still the most helpful, even if I don't get everything
        lined up absolutely perfectly.

        I received an MP3 player/voice recorder for Christmas and I've been
        recording the patter done by experienced callers. My purpose is to
        work it through with my wooden "dancers" on the table later to see
        all the flow. However, it's just too hard to keep pausing the MP3
        player while I move the wooden "dancers". Thus with NoteTab's
        AutoReplace library, my typing can almost keep up with the MP3
        playback without pausing it so I can capture the entire
        patter "relatively" quickly and create a document to print and work
        through later.

        Thanks for your help

        Bob Summers
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen"