Replace and move text

  • Sperry Russ
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
      Is there a clip wizard or can one be made easily that would strip
      out progressive numbers in front of text and replace it while
      moving the lines of text down below the numbers? I am trying to make
      a bible module. Attached are 2 example files. I want to
      replace the numbers in front of the verses in the file named
      "file_1" with the number format in the file named "file_2". Then move
      the verse down below the number like it looks now in "file_2". The
      end result would look like the text in the "file_2

      I am a beginner in clip programming and regular expressions.

      Thanks,
      Sperry

      -------------------
      (file_1)

      001:001 The Genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of
      Abraham.
      001:002 Abraham was the father of Isaac; Isaac of Jacob; Jacob of
      Judah
      and his brothers.
      001:003 Judah was the father (by Tamar) of Perez and Zerah; Perez
      of Hezron; Hezron of Ram;
      001:004 Ram of Amminadab; Amminadab of Nahshon; Nahshon of Salmon;
      001:005 Salmon (by Rahab) of Boaz; Boaz (by Ruth) of Obed; Obed of
      Jesse;
      001:006 Jesse of David--the King. David (by Uriah's widow)
      was the father of Solomon;
      001:007 Solomon of Rehoboam; Rehoboam of Abijah; Abijah of Asa;
      001:008 Asa of Jehoshaphat; Jehoshaphat of Jehoram; Jehoram of Uzziah;
      001:009 Uzziah of Jotham; Jotham of Ahaz; Ahaz of Hezekiah;
      001:010 Hezekiah of Manasseh; Manasseh of Amon; Amon of Josiah;
      001:011 Josiah of Jeconiah and his brothers at the period of the
      Removal to Babylon.
      001:012 After the Removal to Babylon Jeconiah had a son Shealtiel;
      Shealtiel
      was the father of Zerubbabel;
      001:013 Zerubbabel of Abiud; Abiud of Eliakim; Eliakim of Azor;
      001:014 Azor of Zadok; Zadok of Achim; Achim of Eliud;
      001:015 Eliud of Eleazar; Eleazar of Matthan; Matthan of Jacob;
      001:016 and Jacob of Joseph the husband of Mary, who was the mother
      of JESUS who is called CHRIST.
      --------------------------------
      (file_2)

      $$$ Mt 1:1
      The Genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
      $$$ Mt 1:2
      Abraham was the father of Isaac; Isaac of Jacob; Jacob of Judah and
      his brothers.
      $$$ Mt 1:3
      Judah was the father (by Tamar) of Perez and Zerah; Perez of Hezron;
      Hezron of Ram;
      $$$ Mt 1:4
      $$$ Mt 1:5
      $$$ Mt 1:6
      $$$ Mt 1:7
      $$$ Mt 1:8
      $$$ Mt 1:9
      $$$ Mt 1:10
      $$$ Mt 1:11
      $$$ Mt 1:12
      $$$ Mt 1:13
      $$$ Mt 1:14
      $$$ Mt 1:15
      $$$ Mt 1:16
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2004
        Here's a quick untested clip that should do what you want.
        John

        ; Replace all leading zeroes at the beginning of lines
        ^!Replace "^0+" >> "^%EMPTY%" ATIWSR

        ;Replace all leading zeroes after : at the beginning of lines
        ^!Replace "^{[0-9]+:}0+" >> "\1" ATIWSR

        ;Add line break and other text.
        ^!Replace "{[0-9]+:[0-9]+}\s*" >> "\$\$\$ Mt. \1\n" ATIWSR