Re: [Clip] Writing perl code with colored syntax

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
      At 10:12 PM 1/31/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      > Is there a way that I can get colored syntax when I write perl code
      >with Note Tab. A seach of the archives hasn't proven too helpful.
      >
      >Thanks
      >Sachin

      You can launch a little supplementary text viewer/editor to highlight your perl script. Here's one:

      http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/T/TP/TPARVIAI/t-pad-4.04.pl

      You can use a little clip to launch your current notetab text into this tk perl text editor and it will show up highlighted.

      I actually wrote a similar little tk perl text editor last year but haven't done much with it in a long while. Under the circumstances you'll be better off with t-pad which you can freely customize if you like.

      I'd be glad to share my clip which I use to launch it. It works fine with t-pad. I have a button for it on my Notetab clipbar so it is quite convenient to use.