Date figuring?

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
      Could someone give me a hand with something?
      I think it involves a regular expression, with which I'm totally unfamiliar
      unless I copy someone's. There. I admit it. :(

      I am a new gardener and I am going to try to plant some seeds this year (vs.
      buying already grown plants). The packages say to sow them xxx number of
      weeks before the last frost, or put them outside xxx number of days after.
      I have learned our last frost around here is usually April 21.

      Is there a way to create a wizard that would let me put in April 21 - xxx
      weeks = Day, Month? and April 21 + xxx days = Day, Month?

      I used to work for the airlines and we could add and subtract days. April
      21 - 7 days = April 14, for example. AAmerican Airlines Sabre System was
      UNIX back then, I believe. Not that it matters, it's just that I think this
      can be done, somehow.

      Anyway, if someone could direct me or point me to something already written,
      I'd really appreciate it! I don't want to murder all these seeds!

      TIA!
      Christine
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
      • Mark Partous
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
          Hello Christine,

          C> Anyway, if someone could direct me or point me to something already written,
          C> I'd really appreciate it! I don't want to murder all these seeds!

          Perhaps this can keep you far enough from the electric chair:

          Date Calculator:

          http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jaesenj/software/software.html

          The program is freeware; this message is a sendusapictureofyourflowers-tip
          :-)

          --
          Best Wishes,
          Mark
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
            Cool! I'll check it out, too.
            Thanks, Hugo. :)
            Christine

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 9, 2004
              Hi,

              http://users.cwnet.com/acummi/temp/eml_fail.txt

              just after my last post to ntb-clips list i received a email entitled "failed mail"

              its content is from my mentioned post.

              like an echo that shouldn't be happening, spam or something

              http://users.cwnet.com/acummi/temp/eml_fail.txt

              "snipped" hopefully anything we care about

              it a text file but loads in web browser ok

              --
              Alan.