Writing perl code with colored syntax

  • sachin_karol
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi,
      Is there a way that I can get colored syntax when I write perl code
      with Note Tab. A seach of the archives hasn't proven too helpful.

      Thanks
      Sachin
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "sachin_karol" <sachin@s...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Is there a way that I can get colored syntax when I write perl
        code
        > with Note Tab. A seach of the archives hasn't proven too helpful.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Sachin

        Not yet, but when version 5 is released one of these days that is one
        of the features we're anticipating.

        John
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
          At 10:12 PM 1/31/2004 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          > Is there a way that I can get colored syntax when I write perl code
          >with Note Tab. A seach of the archives hasn't proven too helpful.
          >
          >Thanks
          >Sachin

          You can launch a little supplementary text viewer/editor to highlight your perl script. Here's one:

          http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/T/TP/TPARVIAI/t-pad-4.04.pl

          You can use a little clip to launch your current notetab text into this tk perl text editor and it will show up highlighted.

          I actually wrote a similar little tk perl text editor last year but haven't done much with it in a long while. Under the circumstances you'll be better off with t-pad which you can freely customize if you like.

          I'd be glad to share my clip which I use to launch it. It works fine with t-pad. I have a button for it on my Notetab clipbar so it is quite convenient to use.