Re: need help highlighting wholewords in text

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "b0s0x2002" <b0s0x2002@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know if it is possible, and how to go about highlighting
      > (or underlining) only text that equals a correctly spelled
      dictionary
      > word. Basically I need to search through text files and
      distinguish
      > actual words from random unfomatted text without removing
      anything.
      > Highlighting characters that don't amount to a word would be
      > effective as well.
      > Is this possible with Notetab pro? Does anyone know any good
      > references that may assist me (a noob) in writing this?
      >
      > Any help would be much appreciated =)

      That's quite a challenge you're presenting us. Highlighting
      correctly spelled words vs everything else. I can think of one
      possible scenario that would involve creating a duplicate document,
      then using the built in spell checker to find misspelled words
      without correcting them in that duplicate document. And each time it
      came to a misspelled word it would record the word in an array..
      Then after the spell check is complete, to use the array to go back
      and delete, or capitalize, or mark with special tags of some kind,
      the words that were misspelled.. Which would only leave correctly
      spelled words left untouched in the duplicated document.

      But lordy that sounds like a lot of work, something probably not best
      suited for NoteTab. Later versions of Microsoft Word will indicate
      all misspelled words in a document, I know it's the opposite of what
      you are looking for, but it's the closest thing I can think of to do
      what you want.