need help highlighting wholewords in text

  • b0s0x2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      Does anyone know if it is possible, and how to go about highlighting
      (or underlining) only text that equals a correctly spelled dictionary
      word. Basically I need to search through text files and distinguish
      actual words from random unfomatted text without removing anything.
      Highlighting characters that don't amount to a word would be
      effective as well.
      Is this possible with Notetab pro? Does anyone know any good
      references that may assist me (a noob) in writing this?

      Any help would be much appreciated =)
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "b0s0x2002" <b0s0x2002@y...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know if it is possible, and how to go about highlighting
        > (or underlining) only text that equals a correctly spelled
        dictionary
        > word. Basically I need to search through text files and
        distinguish
        > actual words from random unfomatted text without removing
        anything.
        > Highlighting characters that don't amount to a word would be
        > effective as well.
        > Is this possible with Notetab pro? Does anyone know any good
        > references that may assist me (a noob) in writing this?
        >
        > Any help would be much appreciated =)

        That's quite a challenge you're presenting us. Highlighting
        correctly spelled words vs everything else. I can think of one
        possible scenario that would involve creating a duplicate document,
        then using the built in spell checker to find misspelled words
        without correcting them in that duplicate document. And each time it
        came to a misspelled word it would record the word in an array..
        Then after the spell check is complete, to use the array to go back
        and delete, or capitalize, or mark with special tags of some kind,
        the words that were misspelled.. Which would only leave correctly
        spelled words left untouched in the duplicated document.

        But lordy that sounds like a lot of work, something probably not best
        suited for NoteTab. Later versions of Microsoft Word will indicate
        all misspelled words in a document, I know it's the opposite of what
        you are looking for, but it's the closest thing I can think of to do
        what you want.