Re: [Clip] Removing duplicates

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hi Charles,

      I just made a Remove Duplicates... to NoteBlock and uploaded. It
      makes a copy of the focused file and removes the duplicates in a
      tab delimited file if the first field is duplicated. It is not a
      sophisticated Clip so it does not remove any more than one
      duplicate of the same first field. You'll need to run it more
      than once for triplicates and above. There is more information in
      the Continue popup about it.

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/noteblock.zip
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/noteblockbar.zip (with Clipbar, icons, and sounds.)

      Good luck! :) If you should find any bugs (which does not mean
      start doing all kinds of weird testing that normally does not
      occur:-), please send them to me in *private* eMail. My eMail
      address is in the From: section of the header in this message.

      Goo NoteNite, jody

      >A recent post to this list referred to the downloadable
      >noteblock.zip file, which contains a valuable collection of
      >clippings.
      >
      >One that I've found helpful is titled "Get Duplicates," which
      >jogs through a text file to find duplicate lines, which the clip
      >displays in a new text window. I did not find, however, a
      >clipping that would REMOVE the duplicates from the original list.

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com