Re: [Clip] [NTB] Help with Keyboard Macro

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2004
      Hi Jeffrey,

      At 09:14 AM 1/17/04 -0800, you wrote:

      >-- Hello,
      >I have written a keyboard macro in Notetab Light to copy and paste
      >cells from Excel into another application. I use a loop to move to
      >the next row. The macro/loop works, but I don't know how to end it
      >when I get to the last row in my Excel spreadsheet. I have
      >approximately 3500 rows of data to copy and paste.
      >
      >Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      >
      >- Jeff

      You need to use the ^$GetClipboard$ function in a conditional statement to
      stop the clip when it only contains a <cr/lf> pair which is what happens in
      Excel when you copy a blank cell or a blank row.

      This clip tests the clipboard for a single <cr/lf> pair of characters and
      tells you if it finds it. You can add this to your clip and modify it to
      stop the looping when it finds the single <cr/lf> pair.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Test Clipboard for <cr/lf> only"
      ^!IfSame "^$GetClipboard$" "^%nl%" Skip_2 ELSE Next
      ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Goto Exit
      ^!Info The Clipboard contains only a <cr/lf> pair.
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      Regards,