Re: [Clip] Loop in search and replace

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi Bauke,

      At 10:37 PM 1/5/04 +0100, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >For most of you a simple question, I think.
      >
      >I want to make a clip that searches (in a loop) for 50 spaces and
      >replaces it with a tab. then 49 spaces etc. I am very new to programming
      >clips, but I need this fast.
      >Sorry, I've got no time to study at the moment.

      You don't need a clip. Go to the menu bar and select Modify/Spaces/Single
      Tab. This will convert multiple adjacent spaces to a single tab.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        Hi Larry & Bauke,

        >> I want to make a clip that searches (in a loop) for 50 spaces
        >> and replaces it with a tab. then 49 spaces etc. I am very new
        >> to programming clips, but I need this fast.
        >
        >You don't need a clip. Go to the menu bar and select
        >Modify/Spaces/Single Tab. This will convert multiple adjacent
        >spaces to a single tab.

        That is only in Pro, but Find " " and Replace with " " Replace
        All | All and clicked on a few times will leave you at one space.
        Then do a Find " " and Replace with ^t

        The Clip would be:

        ^!Replace " " >> " " WAS
        ^!IfError Next else Skip_-1
        ^!Replace " " >> "^t" WAS

        If he literally meant first do 50, then 49, then 48...

        ^!Dec %n%

        would probably be used, but I think you read him correctly Larry.

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          Hi Jody,

          At 05:25 PM 1/5/04 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Larry & Bauke,
          >
          >>> I want to make a clip that searches (in a loop) for 50 spaces
          >>> and replaces it with a tab. then 49 spaces etc. I am very new
          >>> to programming clips, but I need this fast.
          >>
          >>You don't need a clip. Go to the menu bar and select
          >>Modify/Spaces/Single Tab. This will convert multiple adjacent
          >>spaces to a single tab.
          >
          >That is only in Pro, but Find " " and Replace with " " Replace
          >All | All and clicked on a few times will leave you at one space.
          >Then do a Find " " and Replace with ^t

          You must have a different version than I have. I have all three versions
          of NoteTab 4.95 (Light, Std, and Pro). They all are able to use
          Modify/Spaces/Single Tab. Actually, I admit that I have not tried to use
          it but when I place my cursor over it, I get a message in the status bar
          saying that it replaces multiple spaces with a single tab so I hope that is
          what it does.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
            Hi Larry,

            Oops, my error. I was thinking of Tabs to Spaces...