Re: [Clip] Delete thousands of lines (long)

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2004
      Chuck wrote -
      > I wonder if I can get the message back into my Inbox (or the mail
      > folder it came from) in Mozilla-Thunderbird).

      Sheri says that my OE uses a 'different' email format, so I don't know if my
      clip will process the M-Z format correctly. If not, send me a copy of one
      with some (short) attachments -- as a zip file would be best -- and I'll see
      about fixing the clip.

      Re: getting the message back into your inbox...
      I haven't been able to do so in OE. Drag and drop is the only way I could
      find to get messages out & back in.

      If M-Z allows you to Copy an email from a folder and Paste into the Inbox,
      or to Import a file, then you should be able to do that from a clip. (OE
      does not allow the Paste of an email, but you can Drop one into the Inbox.)

      Dick Gascoigne
      Singapore

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
        Hi Chuck and the rest of you,

        A while back I suffered with a similar problem and exchanged some
        notes with Dick about it. When I saw your original message-file
        (http://cycletourist.com/temp/InboxExample) I thought about a program
        that could be useful for you.

        I'm not sure if this will help you any further (I didn't exactly
        _follow_ this thread), but it could be a helpful alternative...

        I saved your text as binemail.txt and dragged it over the left pane
        of UUDWin (which I didn't use in a looong time, grab it at
        http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/) and I could easily extract
        Esther_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
        Esther_und_Bernd_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
        Feuermachen im Mittel (21-11-03) 1.jpg
        Kirschenernte (16-6-03) 1.jpg

        Obviously I couldn't open the images, and I couldn't locate the
        original message in the folder I created for the extracted parts, but
        perhaps with some tweaking and/or shuffling between applications you
        could easily get the bodytext as well.

        HTH,

        Hugo
      • Chuck Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen" <H.Paulissen@F...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Chuck and the rest of you,
          >
          > A while back I suffered with a similar problem and exchanged some
          > notes with Dick about it. When I saw your original message-file
          > (http://cycletourist.com/temp/InboxExample) I thought about a
          program
          > that could be useful for you.
          >
          > I'm not sure if this will help you any further (I didn't exactly
          > _follow_ this thread), but it could be a helpful alternative...
          >
          > I saved your text as binemail.txt and dragged it over the left pane
          > of UUDWin (which I didn't use in a looong time, grab it at
          > http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/) and I could easily extract
          > Esther_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
          > Esther_und_Bernd_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
          > Feuermachen im Mittel (21-11-03) 1.jpg
          > Kirschenernte (16-6-03) 1.jpg

          This program is very slick, works very well, but I want it to remove
          the attachments from the original file, which it does not do.

          Still, thanks for the tip.
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
            Hi Chuck,

            Did you see/try this one?

          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
              Chuck: for a non-Notetab solution it might be worth seeing if this one can
              be used to do the job:

              BK ReplaceEm http://www.boolean.ca/replace/

              It supports RegExp and some other methods.

              Regards ... Alec

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...> wrote:
                > Hi Chuck,
                >
                > Did you see/try this one?

                > Regards,
                > Sheri

                Hi Sheri,

                I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

                ... My to-do list gets longer as the day gets shorter - every day.

                I knew this might seem rude to you (my delay in replying) after your
                great efforts, but I *will* try it and all other solutions offered,
                and I will get back to this group.

                (I have 25 years of netiquette experience.)

                Chuck
              • Sheri
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
                  At 09:47 PM 1/6/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                  >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...> wrote:
                  >> Hi Chuck,
                  >>
                  >> Did you see/try this one?

                  >> Regards,
                  >> Sheri
                  >
                  >Hi Sheri,
                  >
                  >I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
                  >
                  >... My to-do list gets longer as the day gets shorter - every day.
                  >
                  >I knew this might seem rude to you (my delay in replying) after your
                  >great efforts, but I *will* try it and all other solutions offered,
                  >and I will get back to this group.
                  >
                  >(I have 25 years of netiquette experience.)
                  >
                  >Chuck

                  The ongoing discussion of a problem I thought was solved just made me think you had missed that message. Ironically, my intention was to save you some time.