Re: [Clip] Delete thousands of lines (long)

  • Chuck Anderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Gascoigne"
      <dick.gascoigne@a...> wrote:
      > Chuck -
      > > At 02:03 AM 12/30/03 -0000, you wrote:
      > > >I'm trying to delete large attachments from my email inbox.
      >
      > Here's a clip that I use to do just that. I'm running OE, but I
      don't know
      > if that makes a difference.

      Wow! I can't wait to try these out.

      I wonder if I can get the message back into my Inbox (or the mail
      folder it came from) in Mozilla-Thunderbird).

      I got your message about one at a time. Mozilla won't let me drag and
      drop, so that's not a problem. I have to save the message and can
      alter the name then. I'd only do one at a time anyway.

      Thanks,
      Chuck
    • Dick Gascoigne
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2004
        Chuck wrote -
        > I wonder if I can get the message back into my Inbox (or the mail
        > folder it came from) in Mozilla-Thunderbird).

        Sheri says that my OE uses a 'different' email format, so I don't know if my
        clip will process the M-Z format correctly. If not, send me a copy of one
        with some (short) attachments -- as a zip file would be best -- and I'll see
        about fixing the clip.

        Re: getting the message back into your inbox...
        I haven't been able to do so in OE. Drag and drop is the only way I could
        find to get messages out & back in.

        If M-Z allows you to Copy an email from a folder and Paste into the Inbox,
        or to Import a file, then you should be able to do that from a clip. (OE
        does not allow the Paste of an email, but you can Drop one into the Inbox.)

        Dick Gascoigne
        Singapore

        > > Here's a clip that I use to do just that. I'm running OE, but I
        > don't know
        > > if that makes a difference.
        >
        > Wow! I can't wait to try these out.
        >
        > I wonder if I can get the message back into my Inbox (or the mail
        > folder it came from) in Mozilla-Thunderbird).
        >
        > I got your message about one at a time. Mozilla won't let me drag and
        > drop, so that's not a problem. I have to save the message and can
        > alter the name then. I'd only do one at a time anyway.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Chuck
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • hugo_paulissen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
          Hi Chuck and the rest of you,

          A while back I suffered with a similar problem and exchanged some
          notes with Dick about it. When I saw your original message-file
          (http://cycletourist.com/temp/InboxExample) I thought about a program
          that could be useful for you.

          I'm not sure if this will help you any further (I didn't exactly
          _follow_ this thread), but it could be a helpful alternative...

          I saved your text as binemail.txt and dragged it over the left pane
          of UUDWin (which I didn't use in a looong time, grab it at
          http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/) and I could easily extract
          Esther_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
          Esther_und_Bernd_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
          Feuermachen im Mittel (21-11-03) 1.jpg
          Kirschenernte (16-6-03) 1.jpg

          Obviously I couldn't open the images, and I couldn't locate the
          original message in the folder I created for the extracted parts, but
          perhaps with some tweaking and/or shuffling between applications you
          could easily get the bodytext as well.

          HTH,

          Hugo
        • Chuck Anderson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen" <H.Paulissen@F...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Chuck and the rest of you,
            >
            > A while back I suffered with a similar problem and exchanged some
            > notes with Dick about it. When I saw your original message-file
            > (http://cycletourist.com/temp/InboxExample) I thought about a
            program
            > that could be useful for you.
            >
            > I'm not sure if this will help you any further (I didn't exactly
            > _follow_ this thread), but it could be a helpful alternative...
            >
            > I saved your text as binemail.txt and dragged it over the left pane
            > of UUDWin (which I didn't use in a looong time, grab it at
            > http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/) and I could easily extract
            > Esther_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
            > Esther_und_Bernd_im_Südfrankreich-Urlaub_(6-03).jpg
            > Feuermachen im Mittel (21-11-03) 1.jpg
            > Kirschenernte (16-6-03) 1.jpg

            This program is very slick, works very well, but I want it to remove
            the attachments from the original file, which it does not do.

            Still, thanks for the tip.
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
              Hi Chuck,

              Did you see/try this one?

            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
                Chuck: for a non-Notetab solution it might be worth seeing if this one can
                be used to do the job:

                BK ReplaceEm http://www.boolean.ca/replace/

                It supports RegExp and some other methods.

                Regards ... Alec

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...> wrote:
                  > Hi Chuck,
                  >
                  > Did you see/try this one?

                  > Regards,
                  > Sheri

                  Hi Sheri,

                  I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

                  ... My to-do list gets longer as the day gets shorter - every day.

                  I knew this might seem rude to you (my delay in replying) after your
                  great efforts, but I *will* try it and all other solutions offered,
                  and I will get back to this group.

                  (I have 25 years of netiquette experience.)

                  Chuck
                • Sheri
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
                    At 09:47 PM 1/6/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                    >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...> wrote:
                    >> Hi Chuck,
                    >>
                    >> Did you see/try this one?

                    >> Regards,
                    >> Sheri
                    >
                    >Hi Sheri,
                    >
                    >I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
                    >
                    >... My to-do list gets longer as the day gets shorter - every day.
                    >
                    >I knew this might seem rude to you (my delay in replying) after your
                    >great efforts, but I *will* try it and all other solutions offered,
                    >and I will get back to this group.
                    >
                    >(I have 25 years of netiquette experience.)
                    >
                    >Chuck

                    The ongoing discussion of a problem I thought was solved just made me think you had missed that message. Ironically, my intention was to save you some time.