Re: Find - Replace

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
      Ok Lee, then you might try using something this as a template for a
      clip.

      ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "|" ATIWS
      ^!Replace "^P" >> "<br>" ATIWS
      ^!Replace "|" >> "^P^P<p>" ATIWS

      The first line in the clip temporarily replaces all double spaced
      (^P^P) lines with a character not found in your text document (I used
      the pipe (|) character).

      The second line in the clip replaces the remaining ^P with <br>

      And the third line changes the temporary | character used in the
      first step into ^P^P<p>

      You may have a trailing <br> at the very end to delete if you had an
      line break there, and you won't have an opening <p> tag if the very
      first paragraph is at the top of the page, but otherwise it should do
      what you want unless I'm not understanding you correctly.

      John

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <lee@t...> wrote:

      > This clip adds a <p> at the end of every line. I only need it in
      the blank
      > lines. Also, it adds the </p> which I do not use. That is the
      problem with
      > the method below. I am just trying to write a clip to do it the way
      I want