Search for text and wrap with outline header

  • Malcolm Firth
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1943
      Dear Friends,

      I wonder if anyone can help me with trying to compile a clip that would do
      the following:
      Search through a text file that has a number of dates (on separate lines -
      text below each date) of a format like: 30/12/2003. I want these dates
      surrounded with the outline header: H="" so that each date would look like
      H="30/12/2003" for example. This would enable me to compile a html document
      with links to each date as a contents page.
      Can anyone help?
      TIA
      Malcolm
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 1943
        > I want these dates surrounded with the outline header...

        Malcolm,

        A regular expression can help. Here is one solution:

        ^!Replace "{\d\d\/\d\d\/\d\d\d\d}\n" >> "H="\1"\n" WARS

        Happy new year to you all!

        Hugo
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 1943
          Why don't you just build the page while you are there?

          Malcolm Firth wrote:

          > Dear Friends,
          >
          > I wonder if anyone can help me with trying to compile a clip that would do
          > the following:
        • Malcolm Firth
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 1943
            Actually the page is an export from a journal program, so a clip that would
            take the hassle out of doing this every time would be great.
            Thanks to Don for the regular expression .... I'll try that.
            Malcolm