Re: [Clip] Delete thousands of lines

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Chuck,

      At 07:41 AM 12/31/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >I'm already somewhart familiar with the cip language and have written
      >some pretty basic stuff - although I do it so infrequently that it's
      >always a major effort for me to create new ones.
      >
      >I'll explain what I want to do by copying the thread that I started in
      >the notetab basic list.
      >
      >I believe that what I want to do is set a mark (save a location) -
      >search for some text that is 100's of lines away - scroll up a couple
      >of more lines and then delete all of the text between those two points.

      Here is my first attempt for your clip:

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Remove Attachments"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;12/31/2003, 06:48:04 AM
      ^!Clearvariables
      :Loop
      ;^!Find "^?[Enter your beginning search string=]" AST
      ^!Find "------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C3BE29.B3DF5380" AST
      ^!IfError Exit ELSE Next
      ^!Set %Cursor%=^$Getrow$:^$Getcol$
      ;^!Find "^?[Enter your ending search string=]" AST
      ^!Find "Ending search string" AST
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!SelectTo ^%Cursor%
      ^!InsertText
      ^!Goto Loop
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      The lines with the semi colons in front of them are commented out and if
      you do not want to use a wizard in the clip, youj can delete them. You can
      try the wizard by removing the semi colons and adding a semi colon to each
      of the lines following the two thar are comment out now. I just place
      "Ending search string" for the second find because I don't know what your
      ending string is.

      Setting the Cursor variable stores the row and column information in a form
      that the SelectTo command will be able to accept.

      ^!Jump Select_End places the cursor at the very end of your selection and
      ^!SelectTo selects all of the text back to the first row:column position
      where the first tag was found.

      ^!InsertText with nothing after it has the same effect as deleting the text
      which is what it does.

      The clip keeps looping back to :Loop until the first ^!Find fails to find a
      beginning tag and then it quits.

      You should test this on a copy of your file just in case it does not work
      which will probably happen the first time or so until we see what the
      results are and what you finally want to get.

      I hope that this helps.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Chuck Anderson
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

        > Hi Chuck,
        >
        > At 07:41 AM 12/31/03 -0000, you wrote:
        > >I'm already somewhart familiar with the cip language and have
        written
        > >some pretty basic stuff - although I do it so infrequently that
        it's
        > >always a major effort for me to create new ones.
        > >
        > >I'll explain what I want to do by copying the thread that I
        started in
        > >the notetab basic list.
        > >
        > >I believe that what I want to do is set a mark (save a location) -
        > >search for some text that is 100's of lines away - scroll up a
        couple
        > >of more lines and then delete all of the text between those two
        points.

        > Here is my first attempt for your clip:

        ...... clip snipped ..........

        > I hope that this helps.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry
        > lrt@n... e¿ê

        I guess snipping (clipping? - d'oh) messages is appropriate, perhaps
        desired in this group? So let me just say this.

        Thank you, thank you - and please read my next post - replying to
        Sheri's (scroll to the bottom for sure).
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
          Hi Chuck,

          After seeing Sheri's clip, I see one problem with my clip. It needs the line:

          ^!Jump Doc_Start

          Added as a second line after the ^!Clearvariables otherwise, it will start
          the search from where ever the cursor is located. I have added the line
          below:

          ______[Copy below this line]_______
          H="Remove Attachments"
          ;lrt@... e¿ê
          ;12/31/2003, 06:48:04 AM
          ^!Clearvariables
          ^!Jump Doc_Start

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
            Hi Chuck,

            One more post and I am quitting on this for a while. I think that you just
            might be interested in another Fookes Software product that Eric has
            written called Mailbag Assistant. The latest version (version 3.5) handles
            many different email clients:

            Mailbag Assistant requires Windows 95/98/2000/NT4/Me/XP, and supports
            Outlook Express (including Usenet messages), Eudora, Netscape Messenger,
            Mozilla Mail, Pegasus, The Bat!, Forte Agent, Poco, Calypso, FoxMail, Juno
            3.x, EML message files, and Generic mailboxes (mbox, Berkeley mail format,
            BSD mail format, Unix mail format). Access to the following mail formats is
            possible by first importing them into Outlook Express: Microsoft Outlook,
            Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Internet Mail, and Microsoft Windows Messaging.

            It allows the user to create custom archives of your email messages as well
            as the email attachments and it allows you to extract the attachments from
            your messages if you wish. You can do all of this without any special
            programming if you wish but it also has a scripting capability to allow you
            to perform special message processing on you emails without damaging your
            mailboxes.

            The pricing from the Mailbag Help file is:

            Single-user license: $29.95 USD

            If you wish to send us your payment in cash to our office in Switzerland,
            we also accept the following currencies:

            · Euros: EUR 30.00
            · Swiss Francs: CHF 45.00
            · Pound Sterling: GBP 21.00

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • Larry Thomas
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
              Hi Chuck,

              Sorry. I forgot to give you a website for Mailbag Assistant. It is:

              http://www.fookes.com/

              Regards,

              Larry
              lrt@... e¿ê
            • Chuck Anderson
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

                > Hi Chuck,
                >
                > One more post and I am quitting on this for a while. I think that
                you just
                > might be interested in another Fookes Software product that Eric has
                > written called Mailbag Assistant. The latest version (version 3.5)
                handles
                > many different email clients:

                Looks interesting. One question, if you happen to know, (otherwise,
                I'll look further into features). Can I put the processed message
                back into my Inbox? (It says: Mailbag Assistant complements your mail
                program without interfering with it or modifying its message files.)
              • Larry Thomas
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
                  Hi Chuck,

                  At 01:36 AM 1/3/04 -0000, you wrote:
                  >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
                  >
                  >Looks interesting. One question, if you happen to know, (otherwise,
                  >I'll look further into features). Can I put the processed message
                  >back into my Inbox? (It says: Mailbag Assistant complements your mail
                  >program without interfering with it or modifying its message files.)

                  So far as I know, it does not do anything to any mailboxes. This is
                  promoted as a desirable feature for most Mailbag Assistant users. You can
                  create separate archives of the email messages which preservices the data
                  in your mailboxes and the attachments together or separately as you wish
                  but you to need Mailbag Assistant to view these archives. The archives and
                  the attachments are made very easy to search. In fact the maqilboxes can
                  be searched very easily without archiving by using the program.

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  lrt@... e¿ê