Re: [Clip] Trouble creating a new document

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2003
      Larry -
      You're right, I didn't scroll all the way through your message. Sorry about
      that.

      Indeed your solution works, but offends my delicate sensibilities <g>:
      creating a document, removing it (both automatic by NTB), opening a file,
      adding a new document, moving to the opened file, closing it, and then
      re-opening it. Creative !

      Now that I know that NTB _replaces_ a new document with an opened file
      (instead of just adding the opened file), I've found another way, that I
      like better, I think.
      ^!Close ALL,DISCARD
      ^!InsertText ~
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!Open ^%ScriptFiles1%

      By adding a character, then deleting it, NTB evidently marks the document as
      'in use', and thus does not remove it when opening the scriptfile. So I get
      my empty new document followed by the script file.

      I tried to trick NTB by inserting a ^%Null%, without the DeleteLine, but I
      couldn't fool NTB -- it knew that was really a no-op, and removed the
      document when opening the file. There may be _some_ command that doesn't
      add content to the document, but still causes NTB to keep it, but I don't
      know. This will work OK.

      Thanks again,

      Dick Gascoigne
      Singapore