Re: Keep from unselecting lines

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2003
      Hi Roy,

      At 09:31 PM 12/7/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Larry,
      >I'm sorry I did not give you an example.
      >
      >Please refer to the file below.
      >I will preselect the 3rd and 4th lines manually.
      >I would like to prompt for the insertion column# (5).
      >I would like to prompt for the text to be inserted ("tree ").
      >I would like the clip to insert "tree " in the 5th column of the 3rd
      >and 4th lines, scooting "is green" down.
      >
      >Thanks again,
      >Roy
      >
      >Line containing anything
      >Line containing anything
      >The is green
      >The is green
      >Line containing anything
      >Line containing anything
      >Line containing anything

      This is my last and best clip. I have tested it and it works just fine.
      You do not need to modify it as you do my last clip. It will determine the
      first line and the last line of the selection and then it will jump to the
      first line and start processing and keep processing until it does the last
      line. It will quit when finished and if you do not select anything, it
      will give you an error message and quit without processing anything.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Inset String in Line"
      ;
      ^!Set %Column%=^?{Enter Column to insert to=}; %String%=^?{Enter string to
      insert=}^%SPACE%
      ;
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRowStart$; %End%=^$GetRowEnd$
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ Next ELSE Skip_2
      ^!Info [L]You must select one or more lines to use this^Pclip. Try again.
      ^!Goto Exit
      :Loop
      ^!Jump ^%Start%
      ^!Select Line
      ^!InsertText ^$StrInsert("^%String%";"^$GetSelection$";^%Column%)$
      ^!If ^%Start%=^%End% Exit ELSE Next
      ^!Inc %Start%
      ^!Goto Loop
      _____[Copy above this line]______