Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Clip] Syntax question (Using Examdiff)

Expand Messages
  • michaeljbrock
    I gave up on my fancy approach and I have adopted yours. Time will tell if I can remember to move the files next to each other before I compare them. Michael
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      I gave up on my "fancy" approach and I have adopted yours. Time will
      tell if I can remember to move the files next to each other before I
      compare them.

      Michael

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Examdiff"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@c...>
      ;04/13/2003, 02:04:09 PM
      ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Tab
      ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
      ^!CmdShow Maximize
      ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%"
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    • Larry Thomas
      Hi Michael, ... Here is a modification of my clip that you might like better. It takes advantage of the fact that NoteTab maintains a history of the last
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Michael,

        At 12:10 AM 12/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
        >I gave up on my "fancy" approach and I have adopted yours. Time will
        >tell if I can remember to move the files next to each other before I
        >compare them.
        >
        >Michael

        Here is a modification of my clip that you might like better. It takes
        advantage of the fact that NoteTab maintains a history of the last fourteen
        files opened and you can reopen these files with the ^!Keyborad command.
        All you have to do before you use this clip is to have the two files you
        want to compare open and then close both of them to place them on the
        reopen history list. Then run the clip and it will reopen and compare the
        last two files you closed.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Examdiff - Reload"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;12/03/2003, 06:58:26 PM
        ^!Keyboard Alt+F R 1
        ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
        ^!Keyboard Alt+F R 1
        ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
        ^!CmdShow Maximize
        ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • michaeljbrock
        That s clever! Unfortunately, it would mean that I would lose my bookmarks in the files. Probably not a big deal most of the time but I m sure the first time
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          That's clever! Unfortunately, it would mean that I would lose my
          bookmarks in the files. Probably not a big deal most of the time
          but I'm sure the first time I accidently lost a bunch of bookmarks I
          would become "not very happy"!

          Michael

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Michael,
          >
          > At 12:10 AM 12/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
          > >I gave up on my "fancy" approach and I have adopted yours. Time
          will
          > >tell if I can remember to move the files next to each other
          before I
          > >compare them.
          > >
          > >Michael
          >
          > Here is a modification of my clip that you might like better. It
          takes
          > advantage of the fact that NoteTab maintains a history of the last
          fourteen
          > files opened and you can reopen these files with the ^!Keyborad
          command.
          > All you have to do before you use this clip is to have the two
          files you
          > want to compare open and then close both of them to place them on
          the
          > reopen history list. Then run the clip and it will reopen and
          compare the
          > last two files you closed.
          >
          > ______[Copy below this line]_______
          > H="Examdiff - Reload"
          > ;lrt@n... e¿ê
          > ;12/03/2003, 06:58:26 PM
          > ^!Keyboard Alt+F R 1
          > ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
          > ^!Keyboard Alt+F R 1
          > ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
          > ^!CmdShow Maximize
          > ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
          > _____[Copy above this line]______
          > | right click over the clipbook |
          > | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
          > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Larry
          > lrt@n... e¿ê
        • Larry Thomas
          Hi Michael, ... I am sorry that it did not work for you. Well don t ever accuse me of giving up although I think that this will be my last work on this. I
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Michael,

            At 05:19 PM 12/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
            >That's clever! Unfortunately, it would mean that I would lose my
            >bookmarks in the files. Probably not a big deal most of the time
            >but I'm sure the first time I accidently lost a bunch of bookmarks I
            >would become "not very happy"!
            >
            >Michael

            I am sorry that it did not work for you. Well don't ever accuse me of
            giving up although I think that this will be my last work on this. I wrote
            this new improved version and I am keeping it for myself to use, I like it
            so much. This clip captures the currently focused document name and then
            uses ^!StatusShow to display a message on the screen without blocking you
            from changing document tabs while it is running. Then it goes into a loop
            and waits for you to switch focus to the second document to be compared and
            when you press the Ctrl key, it captures the file name for the second
            document and sends the names of both documents to Examdiff for comparison.
            I have tested this one as well as the one before and this one does NOT
            delete bookmarks. It allows you to select documents in any order without
            arranging them side by side or in any special order. Just select the first
            document to compare and run the clip and then select the second document to
            compare and press the Ctrl key and it will do it. If you fail to select
            the second document, you will receive a message telling you need to make a
            second selection and then looping you back to the status message. If you
            want to cancel the clip when it is showing the status message, first press
            the Alt key and hold it down and press the Ctrl key which will cancel the
            clip. Enjoy.

            ______[Copy below this line]_______
            H="Examdiff - Second Doc Selector"
            ;lrt@... e¿ê
            ;12/04/2003, 02:09:41 PM
            ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
            ^!StatusShow Select the second file and press the control key.
            ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ Skip_-1
            ^!IfSame "^%comp1%" "^**" Next ELSE Skip_3
            ^!StatusClose
            ^!Info [L] You need to select a second^Pdocument for comparison.
            ^!Goto Skip_-5
            ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
            ^!CmdShow Maximize
            ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
            _____[Copy above this line]______
            | right click over the clipbook |
            | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯



            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • Alec Burgess
            Laary - ... *very* slick - though I prefer CompareIt to the free version of ExamDiff. I haven t looked at the Pro. Btw: CompareIt
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
            • 0 Attachment
              Laary -

              > It allows you to select documents in any order without
              > arranging them side by side or in any special order. Just select the
              > first document to compare and run the clip and then select the second
              > document to compare and press the Ctrl key and it will do it.

              *very* slick - though I prefer CompareIt to the free version of ExamDiff. I
              haven't looked at the Pro.

              Btw: CompareIt http://www.grigsoft.com/wc3history.htm just came out with ver
              3.3. Since ver 3.1 or 3.2 it has included syntax highlighting so now with a
              file of Html or Perl format I can hit my clip button based on your clip and
              see the files compared with highlighting or just compare a "real" file to an
              empty buffer to see a file highlighted with the syntax appropriate to its
              type.


              Regards ... Alec
              --

              ---- Original Message ----
              From: "Larry Thomas" <larryt@...>
              To: <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
              Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 15:39
              Subject: [gla: Re: [Clip] Syntax question (Using Examdiff)

              >
              > ______[Copy below this line]_______
              > H="Examdiff - Second Doc Selector"
              > ;lrt@... e¿ê
              > ;12/04/2003, 02:09:41 PM
              > ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
              > ^!StatusShow Select the second file and press the control key.
              > ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ Skip_-1
              > ^!IfSame "^%comp1%" "^**" Next ELSE Skip_3
              > ^!StatusClose
              > ^!Info [L] You need to select a second^Pdocument for comparison.
              > ^!Goto Skip_-5
              > ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
              > ^!CmdShow Maximize
              > ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
              > _____[Copy above this line]______
              >> right click over the clipbook |
              >> and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
              > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
            • michaeljbrock
              Wow! I m happy now. That is a clip which reminds me why I have been using NoteTab for years while my partners use the editors with fancy features (where s
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
              • 0 Attachment
                Wow! I'm happy now. That is a clip which reminds me why I have been
                using NoteTab for years while my partners use the editors
                with "fancy" features (where's 5.0? <g>).

                Works like a charm. Couldn't have asked for something that suited
                my needs any better.

                Thanks again. I very much appreciate the effort.

                Michael

                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
                >
                > Hi Michael,
                >
                > At 05:19 PM 12/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
                > >That's clever! Unfortunately, it would mean that I would lose my
                > >bookmarks in the files. Probably not a big deal most of the time
                > >but I'm sure the first time I accidently lost a bunch of
                bookmarks I
                > >would become "not very happy"!
                > >
                > >Michael
                >
                >
                > ______[Copy below this line]_______
                > H="Examdiff - Second Doc Selector"
                > ;lrt@n... e¿ê
                > ;12/04/2003, 02:09:41 PM
                > ^!Set %Comp1%=^**
                > ^!StatusShow Select the second file and press the control key.
                > ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ Skip_-1
                > ^!IfSame "^%comp1%" "^**" Next ELSE Skip_3
                > ^!StatusClose
                > ^!Info [L] You need to select a second^Pdocument for comparison.
                > ^!Goto Skip_-5
                > ^!Set %Comp2%=^**
                > ^!CmdShow Maximize
                > ^!C:\Program Files\Examdiff\EXAMDIFF.EXE "^%Comp1%" "^%Comp2%" /t
                > _____[Copy above this line]______
                > | right click over the clipbook |
                > | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
                > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                >
                >
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Larry
                > lrt@n... e¿ê
              • Larry Thomas
                ... You are welcome. I am using this one myself so I get the advantage of it too. This is one of the many reasons that I like NoteTab so much. Eric provided
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
                • 0 Attachment
                  At 02:56 PM 12/5/03 -0000, you wrote:
                  >Wow! I'm happy now. That is a clip which reminds me why I have been
                  >using NoteTab for years while my partners use the editors
                  >with "fancy" features (where's 5.0? <g>).
                  >
                  >Works like a charm. Couldn't have asked for something that suited
                  >my needs any better.

                  You are welcome. I am using this one myself so I get the advantage of it
                  too. This is one of the many reasons that I like NoteTab so much. Eric
                  provided so very very many commands and functions that you can almost drive
                  yourself crazy trying to decide which is the best way to do something. And
                  it only took me ten lines of code to do compared to what we were trying to
                  do before I went this route. !-)

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  lrt@... e¿ê
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.