Re: [Clip] Syntax question

  • michaeljbrock
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      That would have been perfect! Got my hopes up on that one. I'm at
      a brick wall so I'll explain what I'm trying to do and show you what
      I have.

      I have a clip (don't recall where I got it) which displays a list of
      open documents from which you can choose two to be provided to
      ExamDiff Pro for comparison. Works like a charm. However, it
      displays only the file name. Many of the files I work with have the
      same name with different paths or extensions. For years I have used
      it in it's original form but finally decided to try to "fix" it. So
      far I have tweaked it to display the full file paths. However, the
      list is not wide enough to accomodate long file paths and it is
      necessary to scroll over. Similarly, I cannot get it to display
      enough rows. No matter how high I set the H= setting for the ?{}
      wizard creation it always displays the vertical scroll bar if more
      than a handfull of documents are open. Here's what I currently have:

      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!Set x=^##
      ^!Save As ^%x%
      ;=========================================
      ;(Loop - While Component):
      ^!Set %ignore%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!set %repeat%=^$GetDocCount$
      ^!set %i%=1

      :Loop
      ^!if ^%i% > ^%repeat% Next1
      ^!Set %Path%=^$GetDocName(^%i%)$
      ^!If ^%i%<>^%ignore% Next3
      ^!Append %b%=|_^$GetDocName(^%i%)$^=^%i%
      ^!Goto Next2

      :Next3
      ^!Append %b%=|^$GetDocName(^%i%)$^=^%i%

      :Next2
      ^!Inc %i%
      ^!Goto:Loop

      :Next1
      ^!Set b=^$StrCopy(^%b%;2;^$StrSize(^%b%)$)$
      ^!Dec %i%
      ^!If ^%i% < 29 Skip
      ^!Set %i%=28

      ;Wizard - Choose 2nd Doc
      ^!Set %x%=^?{(H=^%i%)Select Doc #1==^%b%}

      ;Wizard - Choose 2nd Doc
      ^!Set %y%=^?{(H=^%i%)Select Doc #2==^%b%}

      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ^!Set %OldDoc%=^$GetDocIndex$

      ;Save Doc if not saved before:

      ^!SetDocIndex ^%x%
      ^!Set %xx%=^##
      ^!Save

      :Next10

      ^!SetDocIndex ^%y%
      ^!Set yy=^##

      :Next11
      ;Reactivate OldDoc:
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%OldDoc%

      ^!"F:\Program Files\ExamDiff Pro30\ExamDiff.exe" "^%xx%" "^%yy%" "/t"

      ^!SetScreenUpdate ON
      :End
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        Hi Larry and Michael,

        You can use straight text in the clickable ;Information type
        boxes that does not use any Clip Code at all. They just format
        like a regular document inside them, but you can "stretch" the
        window wide using the method you (Larry) mentioned below w/o the
        Code. As far as wizards go, I know of no way, but some of them
        have the maximize button. You can probably double click on the
        Titlebar as well.

        >>>Example:
        >>>
        >>>MY LONG TITLE -->>
        >>
        >>:Display
        >>^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ clean-funnies.com ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
        >>^!Info [L]^%Folder%^%Ext%^p^pLine Number: ^%Line%^p^p^%LineList%
        >
        >I goofed again and I apologize. I thought that I had checked this all out
        >before but obviously, I did not. I now see that my advice only applies to
        >the information boxes created by the ^!Info command.

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some!
        http://clean-funnies.com
        http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
      • Dick Gascoigne
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          Larry - If it wasn't for you message, I wouldn't even
          have known how to change the Info box width <bg>

          And, thanks to Jody, Michael and I now know that one can resize the Wizard
          box by grabbing the right margin and dragging, or by double-clicking the
          title bar to make it full-screen.

          Dick Gascoigne
          Singapore