Re: [Clip] Syntax question (I Goofed Again!)

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      Hi Jody and Michael,

      At 02:39 AM 12/3/03 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Larry & Michael,
      >
      >>You can pad a title with spaces but it is my experience that you
      >>must have some printable text on the right end of the title.
      >>
      >>Example:
      >>
      >>MY LONG TITLE -->>
      >
      >:Display
      >^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ clean-funnies.com ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
      >^!Info [L]^%Folder%^%Ext%^p^pLine Number: ^%Line%^p^p^%LineList%

      I goofed again and I apologize. I thought that I had checked this all out
      before but obviously, I did not. I now see that my advice only applies to
      the information boxes created by the ^!Info command. The wizards as far as
      I can tell cannot be increased or decreased in width by changing the title.
      The title is just truncated to fit the bar and the right side is cut off.
      Again I am sorry about my bad advice.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • michaeljbrock
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        That would have been perfect! Got my hopes up on that one. I'm at
        a brick wall so I'll explain what I'm trying to do and show you what
        I have.

        I have a clip (don't recall where I got it) which displays a list of
        open documents from which you can choose two to be provided to
        ExamDiff Pro for comparison. Works like a charm. However, it
        displays only the file name. Many of the files I work with have the
        same name with different paths or extensions. For years I have used
        it in it's original form but finally decided to try to "fix" it. So
        far I have tweaked it to display the full file paths. However, the
        list is not wide enough to accomodate long file paths and it is
        necessary to scroll over. Similarly, I cannot get it to display
        enough rows. No matter how high I set the H= setting for the ?{}
        wizard creation it always displays the vertical scroll bar if more
        than a handfull of documents are open. Here's what I currently have:

        ^!ClearVariables
        ^!Set x=^##
        ^!Save As ^%x%
        ;=========================================
        ;(Loop - While Component):
        ^!Set %ignore%=^$GetDocIndex$
        ^!set %repeat%=^$GetDocCount$
        ^!set %i%=1

        :Loop
        ^!if ^%i% > ^%repeat% Next1
        ^!Set %Path%=^$GetDocName(^%i%)$
        ^!If ^%i%<>^%ignore% Next3
        ^!Append %b%=|_^$GetDocName(^%i%)$^=^%i%
        ^!Goto Next2

        :Next3
        ^!Append %b%=|^$GetDocName(^%i%)$^=^%i%

        :Next2
        ^!Inc %i%
        ^!Goto:Loop

        :Next1
        ^!Set b=^$StrCopy(^%b%;2;^$StrSize(^%b%)$)$
        ^!Dec %i%
        ^!If ^%i% < 29 Skip
        ^!Set %i%=28

        ;Wizard - Choose 2nd Doc
        ^!Set %x%=^?{(H=^%i%)Select Doc #1==^%b%}

        ;Wizard - Choose 2nd Doc
        ^!Set %y%=^?{(H=^%i%)Select Doc #2==^%b%}

        ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
        ^!Set %OldDoc%=^$GetDocIndex$

        ;Save Doc if not saved before:

        ^!SetDocIndex ^%x%
        ^!Set %xx%=^##
        ^!Save

        :Next10

        ^!SetDocIndex ^%y%
        ^!Set yy=^##

        :Next11
        ;Reactivate OldDoc:
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%OldDoc%

        ^!"F:\Program Files\ExamDiff Pro30\ExamDiff.exe" "^%xx%" "^%yy%" "/t"

        ^!SetScreenUpdate ON
        :End
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          Hi Larry and Michael,

          You can use straight text in the clickable ;Information type
          boxes that does not use any Clip Code at all. They just format
          like a regular document inside them, but you can "stretch" the
          window wide using the method you (Larry) mentioned below w/o the
          Code. As far as wizards go, I know of no way, but some of them
          have the maximize button. You can probably double click on the
          Titlebar as well.

          >>>Example:
          >>>
          >>>MY LONG TITLE -->>
          >>
          >>:Display
          >>^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ clean-funnies.com ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
          >>^!Info [L]^%Folder%^%Ext%^p^pLine Number: ^%Line%^p^p^%LineList%
          >
          >I goofed again and I apologize. I thought that I had checked this all out
          >before but obviously, I did not. I now see that my advice only applies to
          >the information boxes created by the ^!Info command.

          Take care,
          Jody Adair

          and even thou doest err some!
          http://clean-funnies.com
          http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
        • Dick Gascoigne
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
            Larry - If it wasn't for you message, I wouldn't even
            have known how to change the Info box width <bg>

            And, thanks to Jody, Michael and I now know that one can resize the Wizard
            box by grabbing the right margin and dragging, or by double-clicking the
            title bar to make it full-screen.

            Dick Gascoigne
            Singapore