Re: [Clip] Syntax question

  • loro
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      michaeljbrock wrote:

      <snip>

      > What does ## represent in this statement:
      >
      >^!Set %xx%=^##
      >
      >Once again the clip programming help file, while a great resource,
      >wasn't of much help (would be nice to have it as a text document
      >that could be searched more specifically than the windows help
      >provides).

      <snip>

      Jody gave you the answer but if you want to read what Help says this is described in the *Not Clip* Help file under Clip Basics. When Help was split in two the introductory clip stuff ended up in the other Help file.

      I seem to say this a lot these days, don't I? :-)
      (It was in another thread too.)

      Lotta
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hi Michael,

        At 03:37 PM 12/1/03 -0000, you wrote:
        >Is there any way to set the width of a clip wizard window? I'm
        >working on modifying the ExamDiff clip that i have to display the
        >full paths to the files (it displays a list of all open documents
        >from which you can choose which two to compare) but I'm having
        >trouble displaying the clip wizard window with enough rows and width
        >to avoid having the scroll bars.
        >
        >Michael

        There is a way to do this. You set the title of the clip to a long name
        and the width of the name will cause the wizard to be wider to accomodate
        the title. There is a limit but I cannot tell you just what it is. You
        will have to experiment with it. If you go beyond the limit, the wizard
        window will return to the narrower width. What I do is rename the clip to
        give it the wider title or I use the command:

        ^!SetWizardTitle "TitleText"
        You can change the default title of Clip Wizards generated from ^?{}
        prompts, and the title of the messages boxes created by the ^!Info command.
        The scope of this setting is limited to the Clip where it is used. This
        command must be placed before the ^?{} prompts they should apply to. Assign
        a blank string to restore the default title.

        You can pad a title with spaces but it is my experience that you must have
        some printable text on the right end of the title.

        Example:

        MY LONG TITLE -->>

        The spaces alone will not make the wizard wider but the spaces with the
        -->> on the right end of it will.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi Michael,

          At 03:37 PM 12/1/03 -0000, you wrote:
          >Is there any way to set the width of a clip wizard window? I'm
          >working on modifying the ExamDiff clip that i have to display the
          >full paths to the files (it displays a list of all open documents
          >from which you can choose which two to compare) but I'm having
          >trouble displaying the clip wizard window with enough rows and width
          >to avoid having the scroll bars.
          >
          >Michael

          This clip serves to demonstrate how to increase the number of rows being
          displayed in a wizard list.

          ______[Copy below this line]_______
          H="TestWizard"
          ^!SetListDelimiter |
          ^!Set %Wizard%=_^$GetFiles("^$GetAppPath$";*.*)$
          ^!Info [L] ^?{(T=A;H=30)Prompt=^%Wizard%}
          _____[Copy above this line]______
          | right click over the clipbook |
          | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

          To increase or decrease the number of rows displayed in the list, change
          the 30 in H=30 to the number of rows that you want to display. This
          feature is also limited by the screen real estate of coarse. You can see
          that I used ^!SetListDelimiter | to make sure that the default delimiter
          was the pipe symbol and I used braces {} instead of brackets [] to keep the
          wizard from being activated until the variable ^%Wizard% could be set.

          Wizards that are activated with brackets are activated before any other
          commands are run in the clip. Wizards that are activated with braces are
          not activated until the line of code they are in gets executed.

          If you have 10 different bracket wizards in a clip in different places in
          the clip, you will get one wizard box with 10 input boxes in it when you
          run the clip.

          If you have 10 different brace wizards in a clip in different places in the
          clip, you will get 10 different wizards opening up as the clip comes to
          them. You will make a selection in one and click ok and the clip will move
          on to the next one and it will pop open and you will have to make another
          selection and click ok and so forth until all 10 wizards have been run and
          dismissed.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Dick Gascoigne
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
            Larry -
            Running NTP 4.95. Your wizard width suggestion only partially works for me

            Using SetWizardTitle to a long string does not change the width of the
            selection box, but it does change the width of the Info box

            I also tried with SetWizardLablel and setting the prompt string. None had
            any effect on the Wizard.

            Am I missing something?

            Dick Gascoigne
            Singapore
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
              Hi Larry & Michael,

              >You can pad a title with spaces but it is my experience that you
              >must have some printable text on the right end of the title.
              >
              >Example:
              >
              >MY LONG TITLE -->>

              :Display
              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ clean-funnies.com ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
              ^!Info [L]^%Folder%^%Ext%^p^pLine Number: ^%Line%^p^p^%LineList%

              :-)

              See ya in the funnies!
              jody

              clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, notetab.net
              sojourner.us, notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm